Stillnautical, a foxy lady the Sea Vixen in the fitting out shop

perdu

Phew Alan its a good job you didn't put that link anywhere @CedB  could get his hands on it, we'd never get him out of there

Tool heaven huh

So does all this mean I need to find Windex now?

Best get scouring the 'bay then for the ammonia d version...

But that'll be after painting this morn' after breakfast

As far as I can tell H the Mr paint I have is the water sollyble acrylic, we'll have to see

Laters guys

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 18/10/2018 at 09:25, perdu said:

Phew Alan its a good job you didn't put that link anywhere @CedB  could get his hands on it, we'd never get him out of there

Tool heaven huh

Er, wha… I… ooooooo :Tasty:

Took ages to download and the I was stuck in Mr Envy Land for quite a while… I NEED some of those things.

And they are the best, allegedly - I think they could do with some Mr Modesty to be honest! :D 

• Haha 3

On 10/17/2018 at 10:49 PM, rob Lyttle said:

Now you're talking, Sunshine...!

And a pint of the Black Stuff for me, barman.....

🍺🍻

Yeh my thoughts too. Works out at about £3.40 a pint, get up the bar Bill.

• Haha 2

Keeping up with the demands of time and broken family cars cuts into important stuff but there is a small amount of progress here

Horrid canopy joins again, it must be me  :(

P1010759.jpg

I think this is doomed to come off later this evening

:(

Nb  the intake vanes have not been added yet, if I decide to make intake blanks it would be counter productive and Telford is only two weeks away....

• Like 16

Ooh this looks really good. And here I am just catching up on Page 12.

I'm particularly impressed with the filling and sanding, especially around the nose and on those boom joints. Getting a seam-free finish like that would take me weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always dread the clear bits. The pic looked good however. I take it your using gators grip. The white stuff that dried clear. It’s made my life tonnes easier. You can pop off easily if you don’t like the fit.

keep it up Bill.

• Like 1

I wish I'd been using Cockpit Glue or Gator's Grip but I was trying out Clear Araldite after seeing one of our friends use it successfully earlier this year

I knew I could carve it flat and smooth and 'lose' the excess when it set but I was also using it to repair a nave plate for our Focus that lost its spring retainer tag

Whilst I dealt with that the canopy went walkabout (slightly askew, in truth) and set off position

I didn't notice whilst I was airbrushing a white Buckynear of this parish...

😨

Cockpit Glue it is, next

🍻

• Like 4

I think this looks better H, what d'you think

P1010763.jpg

Obviously some minor filling in and tidying but this is about 'there' now I reckon

P1010762.jpg

Time to crack on with the stickers now huh?

😉

• Like 10

Ah yes, I bet you thinked I fergottem dintcha?

No it's all good Crisp they are sat in the cupboard painted and awaiting the decs too

I have to think about the red edged engine upper access panels first, they WILL be .... interesting

I am aware that I judged it beyond my brief on this twin boom de Havillander to enlarge the rear end of the too skinny fuselage back so I need to modify the drawings I'm using to plot the crossed panels

This is why the wings are staying off

(And to egg the pudden further the stores pylons in the kit are...interesting in location and shape)

Still happy times 'til Telford

😁

• Like 3

Canopy is looking much better now :clap:  This thing of adding it after the main paint job has already been done really scares me, but you manage it pretty well, I reckon. KUDOs

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Giorgio, I don't really like it but have seen too many mistakes which let over spray inside the canopy which made major repairs an imperative

I intend using a thinned version of PPP with the grey mixed in as a smoothing filler

After I fit the new, missing because of filing, air ducting on the front of the screen I can then get on with it

• Like 2