Stillnautical, a foxy lady the Sea Vixen in the fitting out shop

perdu

1 hour ago, perdu said:

I'll take one with you even though I'd prefer to try (never had it, then) a Cardhu, just 'cos dad liked it

Crisp, coming from you referring to a Vixen, well I am very proud mate

Thank you

I do prefer Lamprhroaig ! Sorry !

And miss jolly roger for my pink Bucc !!

Very good work Bill !

I really enjoy that Sea Vixen, Open engine bay… On the 1/48 Dynavector, look like a good plan for CC

But I must finish a Corsair this year !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

I do prefer Lamprhroaig ! Sorry !

And miss jolly roger for my pink Bucc !!

Very good work Bill !

I really enjoy that Sea Vixen, Open engine bay… On the 1/48 Dynavector, look like a good plan for CC

But I must finish a Corsair this year !!

Sincerely.

CC

I too have idly wondered about doing an open engine bay on a 1/48 Vixen.  Finding good references isn’t easy - though there’s a lot of useful stuff in this video (alas, pre-crash, so the talk about good condition of the airframe no longer quite so true)

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Didya think I had gone away? Huh?

No I've been pottering about on this'n'that and over the weekend I had the birthday I may have mentioned in reference to

THIS

20181011_081503.jpg

Tucked away in the card from The Son was a stash of cash which was a: unexpected and b: enough to pay half of the price of this little delight

So on Sunday I followed the link The Doc put up on Pistonheads and ordered this from Paul at Modelling Tools

It arrived very quickly and is a thing of delight to handle

Today I shall be practising with it, having spent time watching the H&S DVD that came with it

Fantastic service thank you Paul

I intend practising on the nether regions of this, now I think she'll do

20181011_082410.jpg

20181011_082356.jpg

OK that's me in to play, see you later folks

• Like 18

Harder and Steinbeck Ultra, yes I believe its double action

The trigger 'feel' is quite delicious, reminds me how excited I was forty years ago when the boss bought me my Paasche F1🎆🎆🎆

I love working classy equipment, wooden stocked SLR anyone?

😉

• Like 4

I have a Harder & Steinbeck (it’s my “proper” airbrush).  It is wonderful.  I still use my cheapo Chinese job for things that require lots of paint, but for anything subtle the H&S is essential.  Wish I had bought one years ago

Oddly enough I just broke for sadly, the last time, my Chinese cheapo#1

It survived having the three part thread needle holding clamp snap a third off, but I cannot see the poor little beastie surviving the stripped thread at the nozzle end

So off it goes into the spare parts bin ready to rescue its two cheapo brothers when they inevitably lose or break bits

I have put air and water into the new toy, but fear getting it clogged first try

The action it must be said is smooth and seems precise when 'lining' clear water onto paper

Proper try tomorrow I think

A light, very overthinned coat of EDSG on the Frog Bucc though, is giving me a taste for it again

• Like 3

As I have been using gallons of Humbrol White, aerosol spraying outdoors is not a particularly economic game, I popped to the shop for supplies

Whilst on the premises I finally got fresh supplies on of PPP and browsing, as you do, the extruded plastics section I found this

The perfect way of making hinges in wing fold and other situations, cut back the basic shape and drill hinge holes where wanted

Lovely jubbly

P1140262.jpg       

The size and shape of this extrusion looks good enough for hinges in both directions too, marvellous what we can get these days for the scratchbuilder's toolshed                                    

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Nice birthday present Bill and a belated Happy Birthday.

Seconded. I think you'll like the Ultra, lovely action.

• Thanks 1

Well I have been hammering it lately

I'm finding that I still get cloggings but it's not as debilitating with the easy clean Ultra

Swift separate and clean out the nozzle and whip the needle out for a wipe down

So tomorrow it is time to use my Mr Model Gloss White acrylic

It is said that I should thin with water, can any confirm or deny that before I get going with my Ultra?

I lashed out about six quid in Amazons huge depository for a litre of IPA, having used the last of the twelve quid's worth litre I bought from RS Components a while back

Should I use this instead?

I cannot read Japanese so I am in the dark

Anyway

Will somebody give me  a slap and call me

Ced, please

I see Mr Tools using his clamps day in and day out so I decided to join in

I bought a pair of these to try out before I lash out on the bigger ones

P1140269.jpg

Undercart doors on ready for bottom coating, held in place courtesy of Ced and His Amazing All Singing And Dancing Berna type clamps

I took the one off to show the good fit I got

P1140270.jpg

Tomorrow colour me Glossy White

ciao

• Like 12

I will always love the rifle I learned to shot on but I feel I was a more effective chap using my SLR (butt number 69, would you believe)

The plastic furniture didn't appeal

:)

Funny that huh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somehow I managed to miss the SLR.

Went from the .303 to a bigger and badder thing with a longer range and a Savage 14" pump action 12 bore for close in stuff. I can still feel the pain after firing about 30 'slugsters' on one training day.

First issue SA80 anyone?

PS.

Actually did some plastic bashing today for the first time in months.

See the effect you lot are having on me.

• Haha 1

A mate of mine owns one of those Accuracy Arms thingys  and keeps asking me to join him on a Sunday trip to the range

I had my first prescription glasses last Friday and now I can actually see things, over there, I might take him up on his invitation

I didnt like to even think about it before

Hmm...

• Like 2

Ah, there you go… once you've had Berna you never go back (sorry, that doesn't even scan :( )

Hope you like 'em Bill. See how you get on - the 'bigger' ones just have longer rods - I have four that size and one long one (fnaar) but I don't use it as a rule (old joke) :) 

I know nothing of the Mr Model paints but the IPA will come in handy for Giorgio's fool proof* AB cleaning if you also use some Windex (IPA, Windex, IPA pulling the needle in and out and twisting it about). Trouble is I can't find the 'original' in the UK now for you... it has to have Ammonia-D and it cleans anything.

* I know this to be true as it works for me :) 

• Like 1

Bill,

I thought the Mr range of acrylics weren't true acrylics as we know acrylics and were more of a lacquer type acrylic - but I have been known not to be 100% correct before on the odd occasion

- just googled and it appears to be a solvent based acrylic. 

Here's a link to Mr Hobby's fun filled facts

which may, or may not be useful in some way

Edited by hendie
  • Thanks 1