Harrier GR5 and SNEB rocket pod

Piero

Hi,

I was wondering if the RAF Harrier GR.5 was ever cleared to use the Matra 155 SNEB rocket pod...

At that time the SNEB rocket pods, together with the BL775 cluster bombs, were the primary weapons for RAF's CAS planes.

I know that the GR.5 was a "troubled & interim" airplane waiting for the GR.7 and for this reason many developments and fitting were deleted. 

I saw pics of RAF Harrier GR.7 with these pods... but never the GR.5.

Any info about it? 

CIAO!

Piero

Hi Piero,

As far as I know it was but, there’s always a but, I have yet to find a photo of a GR5 carrying them. There are plenty of pics of GR5s with AIM-9Ls, CBLS and CBUs fitted but none I have seen with Matras fitted. GR7s and Matras, yes. Let me keep looking...

Cheers

Nick

On 8/29/2018 at 9:06 PM, canberra kid said:

This is for the T.4 and T.4N I don't know if it helps? 

xlm1Vj.jpg

John

Hi John,

thank you for your effort, but the GR.5 was a completely new jet, with different weapon systems.

CIAO!

Piero

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 12:00 AM, NG899 said:

Hi Piero,

As far as I know it was but, there’s always a but, I have yet to find a photo of a GR5 carrying them. There are plenty of pics of GR5s with AIM-9Ls, CBLS and CBUs fitted but none I have seen with Matras fitted. GR7s and Matras, yes. Let me keep looking...

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick,

nice to hear you.

Thank you, if you find something about it... I'm in the process to build a new GR.5 in 1/32...

CIAO!

Piero

• Like 1