It’s a TARPS! 1/48 Tamiya F-14D Tomcat

13 hours ago, Habu12 said:

No the FB sheet didn't have that. Either way, I don't care. So it may not have had the PTIDS at the time. The D&S didn't have specific info either. So I interpolated.

Fair enough, however, the furball sheet does give a date for this jet of 92. 

And all the info I posted was from the D&S book.

PTID or not, the GPS dome is a Lantirn mod - 98.

So we must be reading things differently.

Still a great build though. 

16 minutes ago, Zebra1922 said:

This. Your model, your choice. Who the heck cares if it's 100% accurate or not?  Well clearly some people but not me for mine or anyone else models for that matter.

I also find it strange why anyone would come onto a thread of a frankly superb model and start nitpicking.  Poor form.

Poor form?

Isn’t that the whole point of scale model building - an accurate a replica as possible? Or would you rather we all just glue parts wherever, paint them pink and load out with banana guns under their wings but still give each other positive feedback?

‘Nice contrast with the pink and yellow dude!’

Sorry my job and/or OCD gives me an eye for detail. It’s my cross to bear. 

Also you obviously didn’t see my first initial comment where I did say it was a nice build, just noticed a couple possible minor discrepancies due to features/dates overlap. 

But life is too short to argue over the internet...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

!)

Poor form?

Isn’t that the whole point of scale model building - an accurate a replica as possible? Or would you rather we all just glue parts wherever, paint them pink and load out with banana guns under their wings but still give each other positive feedback?

‘Nice contrast with the pink and yellow dude!’

Sorry my job and/or OCD gives me an eye for detail. It’s my cross to bear. 

Also you obviously didn’t see my first initial comment where I did say it was a nice build, just noticed a couple possible minor discrepancies due to features/dates overlap. 

But life is too short to argue over the internet...

Agreed, life definitely too short to argue. We just have different views of modelling. Mine are probably more influenced by my (lack of!)ability hence any finished model is a good one in my book, regardless how accurate it may be.  I take the same approach with my model railway.

I suppose you pays your money you takes your choice.

Have fun out there.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:14 AM, Habu12 said:

Rest assured, a GPS bubble and a panel doesn’t take anything away from my enjoyment of this build. I’m happy with it, and it’s put to bed. 👍🏼

Well said Habu12......Life's too short.

GREAT Build, BTW.......Love the weathering.

• Thanks 1