Eduard 72nd scale Kunkadlo - Finished

15 hours ago, Marklo said:

I have to admit when I see Spitfire, hurricane, me109 or fw190 in the thread title I tend not to go there (don’t get me wrong I love all four and have all one of each in my collection and a couple of each in my stash) but the moth drew me in.

Snap! (Sorry, Spit/Hurri/109/190 builders...). Very glad it did draw me in, though, as both the Moth and the Stearman look great.

As does the Spitfire, of course!

Jon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Snap! (Sorry, Spit/Hurri/109/190 builders...). Very glad it did draw me in, though, as both the Moth and the Stearman look great.

As does the Spitfire, of course!

Jon

Thanks Jon for you kind comments.   Horses for courses i suppose.  As I said to Mark,  I love them and have quite a few in the stash, although it will be back to FAA for the next builds.

Thanks for your visit fella

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

I love them

Who doesn't? At work the other day a Mk11 landed as we were starting up, then we waited at the holding point while a Mk18 took off in front of us - and yes, we were envious!

Don't tell anyone, but I have 5 built Spitfires and two Hurricanes in my collection, plus a part-built 1/24 Airfix Hurricane kit patiently waiting for interest to return. 😉

Jon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Who doesn't? At work the other day a Mk11 landed as we were starting up, then we waited at the holding point while a Mk18 took off in front of us - and yes, we were envious!

Don't tell anyone, but I have 5 built Spitfires and two Hurricanes in my collection, plus a part-built 1/24 Airfix Hurricane kit patiently waiting for interest to return. 😉

Jon

It will be our secret fella 😉.   I bet that was a cracking sight and sound.  Looking at your Avatar were you in one of the gorgeous  AW Coastguard machines?

Chris

1 hour ago, Jonners said:

Close, Chris: less-gorgeous Sikorsky brute. A bit like comparing an Italian sports car with an American truck!

Crikey yes.  Respect to you fella going out in all conditions and risking your neck.  

I have the Lydd  Coastguard helicopters fly out often directly over my house and they look lovely, also they look very impressive when they fly  out on a shout at speed, it's a lovely sound too.  I will look to see if I can find a model one day.  

Thanks to you and all your crews.

Chris 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

One more bit to add and a light was on some panel lines and she will be finished.

Thanks for looking

Chris 

She's a real beauty Chris - lovely work!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Moa said:

Oh that Blue and silver Moth is sooooo gorgeous!!!!

Excellent job, sir!!!

RFI, PLEAZE!!!!

Thanks Moa, that means a lot thank you.  I need to get some photos in good light and on a base so hopefully will get those done and RFI'd Friday or Saturday.   Your Shaloin/Jedi mind waves have influenced me through the Force!!!

Thank you 

Chris

15 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I'm calling this one done now, very pleased with the way this has turned out.   Wouldn't mind another   the Gypsy Moth  perhaps. 

That is a lovely piece of craftmanship :)

• Thanks 1

Now that the Moth has finished, I have picked up another stalled build, which has been stalled for a few years.  This is the Eduard 48 scale Sopwith Camel RFC boxing.

I have added the seatbelts and some bracing wires to the cockpit so far.

spacer.png

At least it's a start.  A wash has gone on the Stearman and the Sptfire has had more filling and some paint added to the affected areas to assess what else is needed.   Good news is that my replacement prop arrived today so that's currently in quarantine for a few days then hopefully will be able to assemble the spinner on the Hobbyboss back plate and hub.

Thanks for popping by 

Chris 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Now that the Moth has finished, I have picked up another stalled build, which has been stalled for a few years.  This is the Eduard 48 scale Sopwith Camel RFC boxing.

Do you have the Haynes book on the Camel Chris? I popped into TheWorks on the way home from work yesterday and they had a lot of their Haynes on sale, I picked up a hardback copy for £3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quiet Mike said:

Do you have the Haynes book on the Camel Chris? I popped into TheWorks on the way home from work yesterday and they had a lot of their Haynes on sale, I picked up a hardback copy for £3.

Hi Mike

Thanks, yes I have that one, it is very good and has some cracking photos/info.  Got a few of the Haynes Manuals,  the Tiggie one was helpful too.  

Chris

On 9/30/2020 at 9:19 PM, bigbadbadge said:

I'm calling this one done

Rigging looks nice and tight, Chris. Very pretty Moth.

I have one of those stalled Camels.  Too many distractions.  

Dennis

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DMC said:

Rigging looks nice and tight, Chris. Very pretty Moth.

I have one of those stalled Camels.  Too many distractions.  

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, the Moth was lovely to build apart from the time it folded up on me when I got the lower wing in place.  The rigging was pulled as tight as I dare and when glue had set a hot soldering iron was held  near to each section which tightens it up a treat. 

I have now assembled the fuselage on the Camel and everything fits so I am chuffed. 

Chris

Progress on the Camel  cockpit installed and fuselage halves joined.  

spacer.png

Spitfie is getting fettled, nearly there. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Finally something for @Dunny as I have been talking of this one for a while and I have finally cut some plastic. 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in. 

Chris 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Finally something for @Dunny as I have been talking of this one for a while and I have finally cut some plastic. 

Thanks for looking in. 

Chris 

Nice work - big first cut! How are the nerves?!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Nice work - big first cut! How are the nerves?!

😄 Cheers fella , nerves are still good, I made sure I cut a bit in from the panel lines to give some wiggle room.   The Pavla rear cockpit section is slightly taller than the SH kit rear fuselage so will have to build the front cockpit and get fitted then test the rear section with canopy glazing tec to confirm as the fuselage halves are a bit bendy at the moment. 

Chris

• Like 1