Eduard 72nd scale Kunkadlo - Finished

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

More progress

Spitfire fuselage and wings now together 

cFoKwrm.jpg

And I am pleased that the struts are in with minimal adjustment. This was the bit I was most worried about. 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in comments most welcome 

Chris

Chris,

Moth is looking great - top wing looking shipshape!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Roger for your kind comments if it wasn't for you posting now, I would be talking to myself!!!

Chris

Chris,

I'm sure a wider audience will appreciate both builds!

Cheers,

Roger 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biggles87 said:

I started a multiple build recently, and now instead of not doing very much with one, I’m not doing very much with three. :dog:

What scale is the Moth please?

John

Hi John, thanks,  I know what you mean, although it is good for the Mojo to be able to go from one to another saves it flagging.   

The Moth is the 1/48 Amodel kit.  I have found it quite enjoyable to build after all the concern initially. 

Chris

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

I started a multiple build recently, and now instead of not doing very much with one, I’m not doing very much with three. :dog:

What scale is the Moth please?

John

43 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi John, thanks,  I know what you mean, although it is good for the Mojo to be able to go from one to another saves it flagging.   

The Moth is the 1/48 Amodel kit.  I have found it quite enjoyable to build after all the concern initially. 

Chris

That's it damnit - I'm going to start a multi-build!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dunny said:

That's it damnit - I'm going to start a multi-build!!

Ha ha go for it Roger, ut does help when stalled on one bit then go to the next one and return later and find hopefully the solution presents itself.   So the breaks I have taken may have been a year or two but technically it's a multi build!!!

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ha ha go for it Roger, ut does help when stalled on one bit then go to the next one and return later and find hopefully the solution presents itself.   So the breaks I have taken may have been a year or two but technically it's a multi build!!!

Chris

I have got an RAAF Airocobra I'm busting to start, but with the Lysander it might just end up as a hippacrocapig 🤣. Maybe the master of multibuilds @corsaircorp could offer advice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I have got an RAAF Airocobra I'm busting to start, but with the Lysander it might just end up as a hippacrocapig 🤣. Maybe the master of multibuilds @corsaircorp could offer advice?

Go on give it a try, it will be fine and won't turn into a Hippacrocapig I am sure.  Never heard of that before,  what a cracking word, love it.

I am just going off to paint some details on the Moth now Whilst on Lunch break.  Thank crunchy it's Friday too.

Thanks Roger

Chris

• Like 2

Moth struts and tank painted 

spacer.png

And this is another biplane I have been working on and will be rigging soon,  top wing is just resting in place.  This is the Revell Stearman and is a lovely kit and fits together very well,  the decals were a bit of a struggle and I have repainted all the red apart from the dude strip and logos 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Moth struts and tank painted 

spacer.png

And this is another biplane I have been working on and will be rigging soon,  top wing is just resting in place.  This is the Revell Stearman and is a lovely kit and fits together very well,  the decals were a bit of a struggle and I have repainted all the red apart from the dude strip and logos 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris 

Chris - a Stearman too? This is turning into a circus! Focus on the Spit please...

Cheers,

Roger

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

The Stearman is beautiful. I do like biplanes but I just cannot do rigging, I found it difficult enough 45 years ago when my fingers were relatively supple but now they behave like overstuffed sausages it’s virtually impossible.

John

Thanks John, rigging is  a bit scary, I will be doing that tonight hopefully. I do like a biplane too.  Though I might struggle with the 72nd Felixstowe I have in the stash!!! 

40 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris - a Stearman too? This is turning into a circus! Focus on the Spit please...

Cheers,

Roger

Yes sorry about that, filler was rubbed back on the Spit too just nothing to photograph really. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Chris

That's definitely right !!

The way I go on multimulti Hippacrocapig builder.....

Moons ago, I stayed on just one kit, but when a problem get on your way.....

There's a risk of doing something wrong on account of finishing the da....:mg: kit

So, I changed my mind and start something else...

Now here on BM, There is some many great modellers with such an hornet nest of ideas...

Then I'm easily tempted to follow on !!

The way it is... Then life is so short and stash so big.....

You did a great job in correcting the spine of your Spit !!

Congratulations Chris !!

How possibly did I miss this build ??

May I take a seat ? At the bar of course...

Then I have to take care of @Martian's thread..:bandit:

Are you showing up at the party ? The general will show up monday or a bit later...

Are these 2 guys going for hollydays together ??

It will be frightening for the pubs on their way :rofl2:

For now, I'm at work in my car, I can't see all the pics but I will catch up for sure...

The Revell Stearman is originally the Lindberg one is'nt it ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

That's definitely right !!

The way I go on multimulti Hippacrocapig builder.....

Moons ago, I stayed on just one kit, but when a problem get on your way.....

There's a risk of doing something wrong on account of finishing the da....:mg: kit

So, I changed my mind and start something else...

Now here on BM, There is some many great modellers with such an hornet nest of ideas...

Then I'm easily tempted to follow on !!

The way it is... Then life is so short and stash so big.....

You did a great job in correcting the spine of your Spit !!

Congratulations Chris !!

How possibly did I miss this build ??

May I take a seat ? At the bar of course...

Then I have to take care of @Martian's thread..:bandit:

Are you showing up at the party ? The general will show up monday or a bit later...

Are these 2 guys going for hollydays together ??

It will be frightening for the pubs on their way :rofl2:

For now, I'm at work in my car, I can't see all the pics but I will catch up for sure...

The Revell Stearman is originally the Lindberg one is'nt it ??

Sincerely.

CC

Hi CC 

Thanks fella for your kind comments.   Have you been allowed out of the naughty corner ?  

The spine on the HB kit looked plain odd and so had to deal with that.  Lots still to do.  

The Revell Stearman is the new tool version from 2015/16 and is the fully clothed version of their  Kaydet kit.   Its very nice.

Will see i am slightly intimidated with some of the larger build threads as not that knowledgeable in matters of certain machines and so not sure and you feel something of an outsider.  I did start following but time does not allow me to read all the long threads but may be able to swing by at some point.

Thanks 

Chris

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all

Rigging on the Moth, used invisible thread secured in a shallow hole one end and right through the wing at the opposite end.

spacer.png

Also been working on the Prop.  Tge backing plate and boss from the kit have been used along with Grey Matters spinner and blades. 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 3

I have to admit when I see Spitfire, hurricane, me109 or fw190 in the thread title I tend not to go there (don’t get me wrong I love all four and have all one of each in my collection and a couple of each in my stash) but the moth drew me in.

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

I have to admit when I see Spitfire, hurricane, me109 or fw190 in the thread title I tend not to go there (don’t get me wrong I love all four and have all one of each in my collection and a couple of each in my stash) but the moth drew me in.

Thanks Mark I  do love a Spitfire and have lots in the stash to do.  Each to their own though as if we all liked the same it will beca boring place.  The Moth is a nice little kit and has gone together quite well.  I will put up a pic or two later as wings will be painted along with rigging and will very nearly be finished.  Just got to make the fuel gauge and add some ancillaries. 

Thanks for visiting 

Chris

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooops

spacer.png

My fault as trying to make it fit and sanded too much and oh no.  Replacement ordered and this time I will be more careful!!!🤪

Chris

Aaaargh! This is when multi-build makes sense!

• Like 1