Eduard 72nd scale Kunkadlo - Finished

More work on the Camel with some decals going on  and leather padding around cockpit opening.  Spitfire U/C legs and doors being worked on too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just started the very cute little Eduard Kunkadlo too, no photos as just cut off the parts from the tree at the mo, very nicely moulded and very small!!!

Chris

• Like 8

Thanks Mike,  very pleased with the way gge Spitfire is finally turning out.  Not too far to go now.  The Camel is coming well and I am enjoying this build although we will see when it gets to the struts!!!, cables and Vertical tailplane next then some weathering and then I will see if I have any fingernails left  for the main event  the top wing!!!

Looking at your Gladiator I am sure you will be fine with your Biplanes fella.

Chris

Some more progress

The underside of the Camel upper wing done

spacer.png

The areas either side of the centre are going to be the upper surface colour. 

More progress on the Spitfire too with the undercarriage legs and doors united and break line and I presume a hydraulic line added along with the door to leg mounts added from brass rod

spacer.png

Also added photo etch tree for the braces 

spacer.png

I have also started this  little beauty.  Can't belive how tiny it is, but from what I have seen and read a beautiful kit, the Eduard 72nd scale Kunkadlo or Buzzard.

spacer.png

Thanks for popping over. 

Chris

• Like 3

• bigbadbadge changed the title to 1/32 Spitfire Vb, a Camel and a Buzzard

I like the brake lines, what did you use please?

You're new addition reminds me of one of the obscure ( to me ) french types I recently inherited from my friend. I plan to build at least one of them in next year's French Fancy II GB as a tribute to his late father.

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

I like the brake lines, what did you use please?

You're new addition reminds me of one of the obscure ( to me ) french types I recently inherited from my friend. I plan to build at least one of them in next year's French Fancy II GB as a tribute to his late father.

John

Thanks  John 

The Kunkadlo is a unusual but kind of cute machine and when I saw this being released I just had to purchase. I have been painting the woodwork in the tiny cockpit in the tiny model.   What is the model you are doing?

The brake lines are 5 amp fusewire  and the hydraulic pipe is a single strand of multistrand copper wire, quite pleased with the overall look, not quite accurate but an impression.

Chris

A Breguet 27 is the most likely. I have two choices, the Azur kit or a resin version which has been started and has a badly warped upper wing. The Azur version would obviously be easier but if I can do something with the resin wing then I might take a chance with that.

John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

A Breguet 27 is the most likely. I have two choices, the Azur kit or a resin version which has been started and has a badly warped upper wing. The Azur version would obviously be easier but if I can do something with the resin wing then I might take a chance with that.

John

They are quite an unusual looking machine,  nice to do a tribute build though, hats off to you fella.

Chris

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

That looks absolutely fantastic Chris.  

As for the little bits and pieces between the wheels, I’m not sure I can make them out even by zooming in!  My eyes aren’t sufficient for 72nd scale, even on zoom!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mark.au said:

That looks absolutely fantastic Chris.  

As for the little bits and pieces between the wheels, I’m not sure I can make them out even by zooming in!  My eyes aren’t sufficient for 72nd scale, even on zoom!

Thanks  Mark, I am pleased with how this is turning out.  I know what you mean I have to wear glasses and an  Optivisor to do close up work nowadays 

Here is a larger image of the Kunkadlo cockpit floor,seat etc

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Superb ‘ factory fresh ‘ Spitfire Chris.

John

Thanks John,  very kind fella,  it's about to get dirty!!! Although not too much though, this could be tricky trying to get the right balance. 

Thanks both. 

Chris

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Nice work on the Spit, Chris.  Camel next? 

Dennis

Ha ha thanks Dennis I have put the Camel to one side for now as what with this and the Camel the old Mojo was a bit low.  I will finish the Spit tonight or tomorrow night and then have two yellow perils planned  an FAA Anson radar trainer and a lockheed Ventura Target tug so may pick up the Camel for some respite from yellow paint!!!

I hate yellow schemes.

50490044156_352308a0d1_c.jpg

50357096592_6043b1722a_c.jpg
look great but so hard to get good coverage.

Haven’t tried it yet but apparently pink is the best undercoat for yellow. I think my special hobby Gloster Whittle will be my next yellow model when I get around to it.

Edited by Marklo
Damn you autocorrect
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

Haven’t tried it yet but apparently pink is the best undercoat for yellow. I think my special hobby Gloster Whityle will be my next yellow model when I get around to it.

Ahh yes yellow, being a brush painter too i was dreading painting the yellow,  however on Another thread on here , @mark.au mentioned that a medium brown was a good undercoat and so I tested this the other day and reduced my yellow coats to 4  so will give that a go. 

I may have to try a pink undercoat too .

What kit of the Fury is that,  is it the Airfix or Pyro/Inpact/Lindberg kit?, looks good. The 0/400 looks great too

Chris

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

What kit of the Fury is that,

The Airfix 1/48 with the cockpit opening ( too far forward) and the instrument panel ( the kit one is for a Demon not a fury) corrected.

5 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

The 0/400 looks great too

It’s been a very long journey but it’s almost there :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marklo said:

The Airfix 1/48 with the cockpit opening ( too far forward) and the instrument panel ( the kit one is for a Demon not a fury) corrected.

It’s been a very long journey but it’s almost there :) 

Excellent thanks Mark, got a couple of the Airfix Furys and a Lindberg one .I was going to use the Airfix kits for a Nimrod  but was lucky enough to be able to get a Lukgraph kit which is cracking so will have to decide what schemes to do the Furys now.

Chris