Eduard 72nd scale Kunkadlo - Finished

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Glad to see that you're still working on the Spitfire amid all the distractions.  :D

John

Thanks John yes still working on it although I seem to have the attention span of an orange  🍊.   Just got to polish up a bit and rescribe panel lines etc.

Chris

• Haha 1

49994547393_c14ce10cfd_c.jpg

49930163658_2a4954fb5e_c.jpg
I’ll see your stalled camel and raise you a dolphin, a snipe and. Swallow :) ( once I’ve cleared the wip a bit I will get back to them :) I am a serial starter but I’m also a serial finisher )

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crikey Mark are they all 32nd scale?  Nice they will certainly keep you busy.  I do still have some other stalled stuff but will introduce them gradually!!!

That will certainly be an impressive selection for display when done. 

Chris 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey Mark are they all 32nd scale?  Nice they will certainly keep you busy

1/48th my preferred scale :) yes hopefully a winter project.  

50263006978_db16861ded_c.jpg

They will help fill out the WWI shelf. I have a snark, a pup and a triplane so that will give me seven Sopwiths but I want a salamander and I have a 1 1/2 strutted in the stash.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 5

Rigging started on the Stearman,  this is the first time I have used Prym elastic thread, I have to say I am impressed with the speed it sticks once insert into the rigging hole with a drop of CA.  It's instant,  fantastic. 

spacer.png

Chris

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

I think you’re getting hooked on rigging ( geddit?).

It’s probably an optical delusion but the lower wings of the Stearman appear to have a slight anhedral in a couple of the photos.

John

Yes very good John.  😃  I have looked at it head on and you are correct it's ever so slight. They are a one piece wing so not sure what has happened there.  Let's keep it between ourselves!!!

Rigging all painted and so are struts so will fit them later and undercarriage  too, nearly finished this one.  This will be my  sixth stalled build completion this year, which is pleasing.

Thanks for looking 

Chris

Not too much to report on the Spitfire,  which has been painted from the cockpit back after having the rivets filled in preparation for domed rivets. Engine cowling panels also added. 

spacer.png

The Camel has had the cowling and gun panel/cockpit coming added, filled  sanded and  painted.

spacer.png

Also cut my first  Vacform kit too. 

If you did, thanks for looking. 

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

That looks pretty impressive, what are you using?

John

Thanks John,  I am using the 32nd scale HGW rivet line decals they are the ones you soak, peel the backing off and then place the link and cover paper on soak it in softener and then peel off the cover some 6-8hours later and .wipe off the residue of the carrier film.

Not sure how good they will be under brush painting though , might be a waste of time.  I saw them on The Spadgent's lovely Lancaster build. 

Chris

I tried some 1/48 HGW rivet lines when they first became available and they didn’t work ver well, not for me anyway, might be OK in 1/32. I built a 1/32 Spitfire Mk1 a few years ago and used Micro-Mark which I found were better. They are more expensive than HGW but you get two large sheets which include curves and circles.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Some further progress on the Camel  with the u/c going on along with some tail feathers. 

spacer.png

This little Spitfire snuck in too, the AZ model TR.9

spacer.png

And some further progress on the Vb too withal the rivets done aft of the cockpit,  chin intake and inner flaps and replacement horizontal Tailplane  added.  Just sorting out the canopy bits and then will paint 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for dropping by

Chris

• Like 5

• bigbadbadge changed the title to 1/32 Spitfire Vb, a Camel and others, Military and Civilian