Eduard 72nd scale Kunkadlo - Finished

Hi all

I have done a bit more (although not much) on the Spitfire.  I will be adding details to the sidewalls in the fuselage now I have the excellent Barracuda Sptfire Cockpit details set as recommended by @Biggles87 (I also have a couple more on order for two further Spitfire projects).  I have added the Revell IP decal to the Instrument Panel and it is not too bad really.  This is all I have a phot of at the mo.

b240b03f-c23f-46c5-92b8-513bb72cde3d.JPG

I will be doing more on this in the very near future.

Thanks for looking

All the best
Chris

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Done some work on the wings as I am not displaying the machine gun bays open I have closed up the wings.  I have closed up the inner parts of the undercarriage bays and made the landing light covers  so they are closed also. 

d8f3e0c1-88c8-4e25-ac9f-2b41aec6286f.JPG

9a4bc524-ce3d-4a7b-b309-613cabb05e44.JPG

a6515eb0-a745-4b00-8371-53d83f180668.JPG

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 3

Good to see you back with this Chris.

I don't know why they decided to mould the landing lights extended, I don't think they were even  used on the MkV. If you look at the Mk V cockpit on the Spitfire Site there aren't any landing lamp controls ( normally bottom left of IP ) present.

There won't be any more progress on mine now until the weather is warm/dry enough for spraying.

John

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Good to see you back with this Chris.

I don't know why they decided to mould the landing lights extended, I don't think they were even  used on the MkV. If you look at the Mk V cockpit on the Spitfire Site there aren't any landing lamp controls ( normally bottom left of IP ) present.

There won't be any more progress on mine now until the weather is warm/dry enough for spraying.

John

Hi John

Thank you, yes it is a bit strange.  I did try cutting the clear light part's down but they shattered so I used plasticard instead. I don't blame you John it was flippin taters outside yesterday.  I will have to start adding lots of bits and bobs to the cockpit now as I can put it off no longer.

All the best

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Whilst having a bit of spare time whilst waiting for the electrician to come , I managed to get some modelling time for this and another project.

The cockpit area is coming on a bit now, with the seat mount frame coming together.  I have made the armour plate using the Barracuda cast part as a template, as it broke when I was removing it from it's casting lugs, the seat is by them too as is the excellent landing gear selector .  The mount for the seat, top armour and the frame is from the Revell 1/32 Mk II, with the litening holes drilled out.  Very pleased with the results.

53b994f3-8f2d-455e-a250-74147c52e497.JPG

d6429e04-6cf4-4ea2-8946-a874805d8947.JPG

f6d9a08c-72ec-418a-ace3-fb4e00ebc342.JPG

6dc5c4d0-ee65-4310-8b6d-0baa3229efa2.JPG

401a9012-ceef-4919-83f8-b7745dbd38f7.JPG

c79420bc-7d29-4af7-a7f4-a0a8e599ea3b.JPG

The seat is more securely held by a wedge of plasticard underneath the base which should prevent any breakages when in place or handing.  Thanks to a handy tip by @Biggles87, thanks John.

Hope this is of interest

Thanks for looking

All the best
Chris

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Hi all

Picked this up again and been adding some cockpit internals .  I have got my mojo back on this one now and just testing a new image hosting site direct from the phone.

spacer.png

Also been doing this little beauty  too another shelf of doom build, not related to this build at all  but am very pleased with it so far so thought I'd shamelessly add it here as no WIP

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 8

Good work on the Spit Chris. And that Moth is stunning too. Since I've returned to the hobby, my interest has shifted from the 'All guns blazing!' WW2 stuff we all loved as kids to more obscure peacetime and civvi stuff. After seeing your Tiger Moth build I'm seriously tempted to add a Moth of some sort to the wish list. This has rubber stamped it 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Quiet Mike said:

Good work on the Spit Chris. And that Moth is stunning too. Since I've returned to the hobby, my interest has shifted from the 'All guns blazing!' WW2 stuff we all loved as kids to more obscure peacetime and civvi stuff. After seeing your Tiger Moth build I'm seriously tempted to add a Moth of some sort to the wish list. This has rubber stamped it 😉

Thanks Mike ,very kind.  The Matchbox 32nd kit is really nice and with work still builds into a good model and has an impressive presence in the display.  It is good to know it was of interest too as I didn't think anyone was too interested in it . Check out on Google the matchbox 32nd Tigermoth builds and there are some cracking civillian machine builds there.  Having seen your work you will have no trouble doing a cracker.

Chris

1 minute ago, Biggles87 said:

Blimey, does this mean I have to pick up mine again! Now that I’ve restarted the Mirages I’ve got a liking for jets again but I can’t resist Spitfires for too long so we’ll see.

Happily following along.

John

Hi John 

Yes definitely 😃 pick up the Spitfire and crack on fella.   I want to get this one and the Moth done then I can start some new projects (been itching to start a Fradu Hunter and a DH89 or two).

Thanks John

Chris

I love this new phone and photo software and image hosting,  takes seconds to do what took ages to do previously. 

Wash added, just got to wait for my new stock of lead wire to arrive and I can add the undercarriage hydraulic pipes and this will pretty much finish the stbd side.

spacer.png

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Biggles87 said:

Really going to town there Chris, very impressive. You could leave the plumbing from the U/C controls unpainted copper if you want a little more colour.

John

Thanks John. I thought it would be quite visible in this scale.  I was going to use the RB fabric sear belts too but I will save those for my Tamiya kit.  I thought of doing that but the lead wire is very forgiving when it comes to bending  so took the  easy/lazy  way out.  Just painted the mast framework and pleased with the way it looks. 

Chris

Bit more work on the interloper,  exhaust mounts on, rudder and elevator cables in and painted. A small touch up of the blue required but pleased with that 

spacer.png

Aerial mount frame painted and seat belts added and seat and frame added to stbd fuselage half.  Quite pleased as looking quite busy now.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Bit more work on the interloper,  exhaust mounts on, rudder and elevator cables in and painted. A small touch up of the blue required but pleased with that 

spacer.png

Aerial mount frame painted and seat belts added and seat and frame added to stbd fuselage half.  Quite pleased as looking quite busy now.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Both looking good Chris - Spit cockpit is a work of art!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lovely work Chris! What did you use for the harness restraining wire - was it a kit part or did you fabricate? Looking good either way!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work Chris! What did you use for the harness restraining wire - was it a kit part or did you fabricate? Looking good either way!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, 5 amp fuse wire was the weapon of choice for that.  She's all buttoned up now, wahoo.

Chris 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Very nice, I’m guessing it’ll be elevators down from the look of the stick. Did you replace the kit items with the ‘ fabric ‘ finish?

John

Thanks John,  ah yes the fabric covered horizontal stabs.  Yes I got the quick post replacements,  they are very nice and a very nice fit too.  

Chris