some of my work please be gentle

They look great Scottie. If you don't know how to make the pictures appear in your thread, have a look in FAQ's. There's an "idiots" guide to posting photos from Village Photos.

John.

23 hours ago, Mattlow said:

Very nice work Scottie

I particularly like your attention to detail in the diorama work. 

The buildings are especially nice (of course, the armour is rather excellent as well)..

Matt

Matt,

Thanks very much glad you like it.

23 hours ago, Morlock said:

All very nice and thanks for introducing me to a new photo sharing site. 

Thanks very much, it's not a bad site to use.

10 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

They look great Scottie. If you don't know how to make the pictures appear in your thread, have a look in FAQ's. There's an "idiots" guide to posting photos from Village Photos.

John.

John,

It will have to be an idiots guide for me to sort it lol😃

• Like 1

Please bore us with more Scottie. These last 2 pics are great and show us some more of the Tiger II please.

These are pretty awesome, as said above your attention to detail is amazing. I built that Diamond T a while back and it was a chore but you have done

a great job on it. that is the Mission Models kit isn't it, but the soft top version where mine was the hardtop.

Keep them coming

Lloyd

10 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Please bore us with more Scottie. These last 2 pics are great and show us some more of the Tiger II please.

These are pretty awesome, as said above your attention to detail is amazing. I built that Diamond T a while back and it was a chore but you have done

a great job on it. that is the Mission Models kit isn't it, but the soft top version where mine was the hardtop.

Keep them coming

Lloyd

Lloyd,

Thanks for the kind words. How is the Hat now a days? I spent many a happy evening at the Sin Bin back in the early 80's when training at Suffield.

Hi Scottie,

now why in hell should I be gentle with you? I shall be hard as nail!

Bottom line, every single model and diorama is outstanding! Plain and simple!

Congrats Sir!

JR

Hi Scottie

Hot as Hades as usual. It's been a loong summer with scarcely any rain since about early April so lots of dust and brown grass.

BTW the Sin Bin closed about 2012.  It was a real dive for quite a few years before that.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

17 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Scottie,

now why in hell should I be gentle with you? I shall be hard as nail!

Bottom line, every single model and diorama is outstanding! Plain and simple!

Congrats Sir!

JR

Jean, Thanks very much, you had me worried for a second lol.

17 hours ago, Kris B said:
5 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Hi Scottie

Hot as Hades as usual. It's been a loong summer with scarcely any rain since about early April so lots of dust and brown grass.

BTW the Sin Bin closed about 2012.  It was a real dive for quite a few years before that.

Take care,

Lloyd

Good work, thanks for sharing. 

Chris many thanks.

LLoyd, I remember the hot summers out on the prarie, It's a pity about the bin.

4 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:
2 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Outstanding work.  A real pleasure to view.   

Many thanks really appreciate the kind words.

2 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Outstanding work.  A real pleasure to view.   

Great model building Scottie,dont think there is anything for you to learn,but looking at yours sure know I do,Cheers.

Jim,

Very kind of you many thanks.

• Like 1

I was going to write a chapter or two (as is my habit) but I can't be bothered as I'm in a great deal of pain at the moment. Nonetheless I just HAD to respond in some small way at least.

!!@""""(""&!!! brilliant!

Intricate and precise work in all aspects, but most notably with regards to the vegetation in the dioramas. I think I spotted a bit of live moss in one, and have used it myself knowing that it was going to dry out and die, and I suspect you know likewise. It's fine for photographic purposes though isn't it!

I also spotted the paper fern.  I do have to ask about your plants with the small leaves... specifically the plant above the fuel drum. I assume you stuck those leaves on individually by hand?

I can't give you any tips at all. You don't need any. I only have more questions to ask.

The first of which is MORE PHOTOS PLEASE, from all angles, and with lots of close ups!

Rearguards,

Badder

1 hour ago, Badder said:

I was going to write a chapter or two (as is my habit) but I can't be bothered as I'm in a great deal of pain at the moment. Nonetheless I just HAD to respond in some small way at least.

!!@""""(""&!!! brilliant!

Intricate and precise work in all aspects, but most notably with regards to the vegetation in the dioramas. I think I spotted a bit of live moss in one, and have used it myself knowing that it was going to dry out and die, and I suspect you know likewise. It's fine for photographic purposes though isn't it!

I also spotted the paper fern.  I do have to ask about your plants with the small leaves... specifically the plant above the fuel drum. I assume you stuck those leaves on individually by hand?

I can't give you any tips at all. You don't need any. I only have more questions to ask.

The first of which is MORE PHOTOS PLEASE, from all angles, and with lots of close ups!

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder,

Wow thanks very much for the kind words.  The moss does dry out but where possible I do like to use real plant life where possible which I collect when out with the dog. If you soak it glycerin over night then dry it out you can then spray it with clear varnish or various greens/browns as required. It doesn't last forever but does improve its shelf life. The plant above the oil drum is just a tree root with some scatter stuck with white glue. The tree with the 251 UHU is a wire tree which was my first attempt. 

Hope you feel better soon and it is nothing to serious.

42 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Very, very impressive models and scenes. Stunning modelling on all levels.

Kind regards,

Stix

Stix,

Very kind of you Sir.

• Like 1