IWATA Eclipse HP-BCS problem

jovapad

Hi everyone,

I have had the Eclipse BCS for some time now with a 0.5 nozzle for some time now and it works great. Couple of years ago I have got a 0.35 nozzle and needle and have been using it couple of times and it worked completely ok. In the meantime I have moved and in the moving process misplaced the 0,35 set somewhere. So I bought a new set.

That is when the problem started.  It just doesn't spray with the 0.35 nozzle any more. Air comes out when I press the trigger, but when pulled back it doesn't suck the paint out. Tried with only thinner, only water, but nothing seems to work.

The 0,5 still works perfectly. Puzzled....

Any hints??

Best regards

Jovan

It might sound like a dumb question: did you actually make sure that the needle is being pulled back with the trigger? Other than the nozzle being completely blocked with something (or maybe a manufacturing flaw) or the needle not being moved by the trigger I can't think of a reason why thinner wouldn't come out.

The other things I would double check are that the needle nozzle and aircaps are grouped correctly.

Nozzles are easy to tell apart, needle's, the more tapered one should be the 0.35mm. Nozzle caps the one with the larger hose should be the 0.5mm one.

Paul

Thank you all for your answers...

No dumb questions of course, we can all oversee some things. But, in this case it's not that, needle screw is tightened, and when checked from the front  the needle travels back and opens the nozzle when the trigger is pulled back.

Paul, they are grouped correctly,  double check it every time. 

That is why this a mystery to me.....

Is there enough clearance around the tip of the nozzle and the nozzle cap? If there's not enough air coming out it won't be able to "suction" the paint from the cup. Technically it shouldn't be an issue but I think there's two nozzle types for your Eclipse (one that has a second piece at the very tip of the nozzle and a "normal" one without it). Maybe the nozzle cap is different too, depending on the nozzle? Perhaps Paul can offer some info on that.

Examined the setup again. It could be the nozzle cap. Both of them are completely the same. Same size, openings and all. Maybe by chance both are for the 0.5. When I screw it on over the 0.5 nozzle it protrudes through the cap a bit, but over the 0.35 it's almost in level with the nozzle. So maybe that's the problem. 

I usually use a metal cup, not the bottle, so guess that's not the problem. 

Thanks again for the help guys.

Paul, do you have the nozzle cap I need?

• 3 weeks later...