Vanguard Class SSBN 1/350

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked it out in the RFI, very nice.

13 hours ago, Courageous said:

Next sub...Astute Class SSN,

I'll look for that one Stuart. It will also likely be of interest to a close friend of mine @plasticpilot although he doesn't seem that active on here at the moment.

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:33, Courageous said:

IMG_8264.jpg

Stern view with rudder and aft planes fitted. Not sure what the pointy-sticky-outy bit is, towed-array maybe?

Stuart

I know this is a little late but I asked a chum at work what that pointy thing was as he used to be a DWEO on one of the V Boats and therefore he ought to know.

Finally managed to catch up with him over coffee last week.  And the answer is....that he hasn't the faintest idea!  He did confirm that it's nothing to do with the TA and he added that didn't think that his boat (VICTORIOUS IIRC) was even fitted with it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Finally managed to catch up with him over coffee last week.  And the answer is....that he hasn't the faintest idea!  He did confirm that it's nothing to do with the TA and he added that didn't think that his boat (VICTORIOUS IIRC) was even fitted with it

Thansk Chewwy. I don't think I've seen any stern photos of a Vanguard so God knows where Bronco got it from.

Stuart