HMS Abercrombie

Well she is ready to sail ensign hoisted this was built OOB good kit to get some practice with the dreaded PE only thing I had to add was a set of ladders the carpet monster got hold of the original and the Ushi rigging line

IMG_5513.jpg

The weathering has been kept to a minimum as I wanted to show her as just built sailing out of the River Tyne where she was built not far from where I live

IMG_5514.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5521.jpg

And not a bad result 3rd place at Scale Scotland last Saturday on her first outing  

beefy

• Like 40

54 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Well she is ready to sail ensign hoisted this was built OOB good kit to get some practice with the dreaded PE only thing I had to add was a set of ladders the carpet monster got hold of the original and the Ushi rigging line

IMG_5513.jpg

The weathering has been kept to a minimum as I wanted to show her as just built sailing out of the River Tyne where she was built not far from where I live

IMG_5514.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5521.jpg

And not a bad result 3rd place at Scale Scotland last Saturday on her first outing  

beefy

I was admiring that at the show, our stand was right by the comp entrance. Did you see my 1/700 Prinz Eugen and HMS Penelope?

thanks

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen and thanks for helping me get through the build always nice to have you along for the ride.

1 hour ago, Mikemx said:

I was admiring that at the show, our stand was right by the comp entrance. Did you see my 1/700 Prinz Eugen and HMS Penelope?

thanks

Mike

Thanks Mike our display was just along from your stand but I could not see any ship models for sale on your stand

and a well deserved first and second to both of your small scale entries the smaller scales are just no good for my eyes  😵

beefy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Lovely job Beefy, and congratulations of the Bronze.

John.

3 minutes ago, Courageous said:

A very nice subject and build Beefy. Great news on your placing.

I really love the seascape. Care to talk through your method?

Stuart

thanks John and Stuart

Stuart the method I use for nearly all my ships is mainly done with clear silicone sealant the type you get from any DIY store

hope link works to this build and a full build and sea method in here

HMCS Huron

beefy

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen and thanks for helping me get through the build always nice to have you along for the ride.

Thanks Mike our display was just along from your stand but I could not see any ship models for sale on your stand

and a well deserved first and second to both of your small scale entries the smaller scales are just no good for my eyes  😵

beefy

Thanks! I'll try and get some pics done and posted soon. We had a few Trumpeter 1/700 ships for sale but we mostly stock aircraft kits n bits.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ejboyd5 said:

Spectacular!  My memory fails as to the reason for the large metal framework on the bow.  Can you refresh?  Did the Rodney carry this as well?

Thanks

the large A frame on the bow was for the Acoustic Hammer when mine sweeping

Must not have been very good because she was damaged by mines twice  :doh:

And Roberts did have one of these also

Keith

19 minutes ago, Darby said:

Splendid build and result old bean. The water colour looks spot on for the Tyne as well (on a good day).

Thanks Darby

and it is always a good day on the Tyne ( now they have cleaned it )  

Keith

• Like 1

Well deserved gong Keith, she looks stunning and will pick up a few more accolades at coming shows, of that I'm certain. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Good job mate! Really looks the part. 👍

Cheers Steve

7 hours ago, BeeKay said:

Well deserved gong Keith, she looks stunning and will pick up a few more accolades at coming shows, of that I'm certain. :thumbsup:

Cheers mate

thanks for the support appreciate it  :blush:

Keith

On 8/27/2018 at 3:44 PM, beefy66 said:

Thanks

the large A frame on the bow was for the Acoustic Hammer when mine sweeping

Must not have been very good because she was damaged by mines twice  :doh:

And Roberts did have one of these also

Keith

Roberts, not Rodney, of course.  It's been a while since I read about these unusual ships and I misstated the class of the monitors.

• Like 1

Excellent stuff there, we'll done on the award!

She looks just right steaming through the water, a really great effect you've achieved! 

Geoff

• Like 1