Steve's actually done another Jet..

Hi Folk's finally after a good half dozen epic fail's I've moved out of WW2 into the jet age(apart from the recent Meteor),built for the ongoing NATO GB

it's Hobbyboss's little easy kit of the Luftwaffe of JG 71 in1963.The kit i'm told has the wrong wing for this aircraft but for just over four quid I'm not

loosing any sleep over it the kit decal's were used and were pretty good too.Many thank's for looking in.

43391060155_4c1b24cbe9_b.jpg

43580006904_18bc5662b7_b.jpg

30429979288_0fd2216182_b.jpg

43391047005_a4dcf1c82f_b.jpg

29361427437_4f733bf2c3_b.jpg

42489236650_6e1c810be7_b.jpg

43391033175_b430c58e1a_b.jpg

• Like 56

Hello Steve,

This model is representing the "build-up"of the Luftwaffe after WW2.

Nice build and interesting decals. Regards, Orion

• Like 1

Lovely looking plane dead neat, nice to see it in what looks like RAF camouflage with the modern German markings.

• Like 1

Nice one Steve,...... I`m no fan of Luftwaffe stuff but some subjects do stand out for me and this is one of them,.....  and you have done a brilliant job!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

I quite like that!  Many moons ago, I had a 'thing' about doing post war Luftwaffe because no one else I knew were as tall they did was WW2 German aeroplanes. The Sabre was one I never got round to doing though. Still its nice to see one in those markings. Well done

• Like 1

That's very tidy work indeed!

The pointy "scallops" (sorry, there may be a more fitting description but I don't know it) on the nose are so neatly done.

You really nailed it.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

It has a bit of a look of Luftwaffe '46 about it.

It must have been a bit surreal for wartime Luftwaffe pilots to find themselves back in Luftwaffe blue. Not something they might have expected in 1945. Plus when strapping on a Sabre, knowing the swept wing was based on German research.

Quite the moment I would have thought.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Is this a HobbyBoss snap together kit?  How did you achieve such a fine yellow?

It is the easy kit John,I love the format especially for a cheap kit to hone your painting skill's.The  Yellow is Tamiya but I always prime in white 

the Tulip decal's included the yellow but I cut them up prefering paint instead.

1 hour ago, noelh said:

It has a bit of a look of Luftwaffe '46 about it.

It must have been a bit surreal for wartime Luftwaffe pilots to find themselves back in Luftwaffe blue. Not something they might have expected in 1945. Plus when strapping on a Sabre, knowing the swept wing was based on German research.

Quite the moment I would have thought.

True Noel,Hartman was at one time leader of JG 71 and a fair few other famous wartime pilot's flew with the new Luftwaffe.

• Like 1

I lost my chance of getting Hasegawa´s 48th version, so I´ll get the 72nd one from Hobby Boss and paint it as your aircraft, the tulips look really good.

Where did you put the weights for the model?

7 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

I lost my chance of getting Hasegawa´s 48th version, so I´ll get the 72nd one from Hobby Boss and paint it as your aircraft, the tulips look really good.

Where did you put the weights for the model?

There's not a lot of space to put any weight and truth is she is still a tailsitter with what I could fit in,if you can make a FOD cover for the intake that would be the best

place to add extra weight or just behind the cockpit ahead of the wheelwell's.

42877392745_de43bbcd34_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1