Jump to content

1/48 - Seversky P-35/A/J9 by Dora Wings - J9 released


Homebee
 Share

Recommended Posts

Another Dora Wings project is a family of Seversky P-35, in 1/48th, 1/144th and maybe 1/72nd.

To be followed.

For my part I would have preferred a Blackburn Firebrand. 😜

Source (see comments): 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2254229254807639&id=1929101897320378&__xts__[0]=68.ARDHKzz_4aRzAKGMWKR3iyv6XxAHRGmxkgIGRdpZJqy27iFF2t-OShgbWaHrQK9dtWr1NaHpjOSK9g-S4uqhQtCXhdPnf5VmmckkS9l21rJ9RIvA60wKqoPrMz1v1p-wBtrTczo&__tn__=-R

 

VP3.jpg

 

V.P.

 

Matt-Memory2.jpg

 

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that sounds promising.

A new P-35 is long overdue. Maybe I can finally build that Swedish J 9.

 

Hopefully they will do the 2-seat Republic AT-12 / 2-PA Guardsman as well.

 

Edited by flarpen
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, flarpen said:

Well, that sounds promising.

A new P-35 is long overdue. Maybe I can finally build that Swedish J 9.

 

 

J 9 is P-35A , which has longer fuselage and other differences. A very good kit came in 1/72 with Swedish markings about 3 years ago from Special Hobby, as did the original P-35. so a slightly strange choice given that there are also fairly good kits in 1/48 (and 1/32).....

 

Seversky BT-8 would have been a more interesting (and needed) choice imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

J 9 is P-35A , which has longer fuselage and other differences. A very good kit came in 1/72 with Swedish markings about 3 years ago from Special Hobby, as did the original P-35. so a slightly strange choice given that there are also fairly good kits in 1/48 (and 1/32).....

 

Seversky BT-8 would have been a more interesting (and needed) choice imo.

I'm aware of that the J 9 is a P-35A (or rather that the P-35A is EP-106 / J 9 aircraft that didn't get exported to Sweden due to the embargo).

And as such you really can't build a decent P-35A from the available option(s) in 1/48. Those kits are really lacking in detail and accuracy and are the P-35 version.

 

So a new 1/48 P-35A / J 9 kit would be really welcome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

P-35 and P-35A will be made. Also 2PA.
There are big differences between them - different fuselages, wings. All differences will be taken into account in the model. Practically it will be different sets - only small details in common.
Work on the 3D model has been going on for two months. I think, in the near future I will have something to show.

As for the scale. 1/72 is a very good relatively new model of the SH.
1/48 - Old Minikraft / Academy. Model development of the 90th. At one time was not bad. But now morally obsolete. Poor detailing, not quite accurate in size. Only P-35 mod.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Christer A said:

A J9 and B6 (P-35A and 2PA) would definitely sit well with me!

Very much so, specially the B 6 (2PA) which to my knowlage  hasen't been done in 1/48 before. That is a gap in the Swedish AF lineup being filled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2018 at 11:05 AM, dora said:

P-35 and P-35A will be made. Also 2PA.
There are big differences between them - different fuselages, wings. All differences will be taken into account in the model. Practically it will be different sets - only small details in common.
Work on the 3D model has been going on for two months. I think, in the near future I will have something to show.

As for the scale. 1/72 is a very good relatively new model of the SH.
1/48 - Old Minikraft / Academy. Model development of the 90th. At one time was not bad. But now morally obsolete. Poor detailing, not quite accurate in size. Only P-35 mod.

All right! I'll have to get both!😁😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Four 1/48th boxing programmed

- ref. DW48011 - Seversky A8V1 "Dick"

- ref. DW48012 - Seversky P-35

- ref. DW48013 - Seversky P-35A

- ref. DW48014 - Seversky 2PA/B6

48-Severski-1.jpg

48-Severski-2.jpg

 

P-35 & P-35A

 

119714949-2832727100291182-1357065894946

 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Seversky P-35/A/J9 by Dora Wings - J9 released

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...