1/48 - Seversky P-35/A/J9 by Dora Wings - J9 & P-35 released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Seversky P-35/A/J9 by Dora Wings - 3D renders+box art+schemes+sprues+decals - release in 2021
12 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Yes great boxart, now I've just got to figure out how to paint that scheme 😜

I'm thinking schedule some three or four hours, grab a good brush and practice frustration management!

The box art does look spectacular - I'll have to really think about which version of this to get. Didn't really have the Swedish paint scheme on my radar but it would certainly stand out in any collection. (Is there a reason the Swedish insignia are so over the top large??)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Supersonic26 said:

(Is there a reason the Swedish insignia are so over the top large??)

I think this has been pointed out before, but the insignia - Dora Wings instructions to the contrary - did not appear on the upper surfasce of the wings until the European war was ending.  Best reference is the MMP Swedish Fighters Vol 1 book.  The size of the lower wing roundel was to insure no friendly fire accidents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimmaas said:

I think this has been pointed out before, but the insignia - Dora Wings instructions to the contrary - did not appear on the upper surfasce of the wings until the European war was ending.  Best reference is the MMP Swedish Fighters Vol 1 book.  The size of the lower wing roundel was to insure no friendly fire accidents.

Yes. Also, there are also camo schemes where there is only natural metal and not the black/white undersides.

3 hours ago, jimmaas said:

Yes. Also, I've seen some camo schemes where there is only natural metal or grey, not the black/white wing/undersides.

Edited by Mike Esposito

10 hours ago, jimmaas said:

I'll probably be doing '35' without the upper wing insignia as there's a nice picture in the MMP book from summer '43 and the upper wing insignias were not added till late '44. 

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

I'll probably be doing '35' without the upper wing insignia as there's a nice picture in the MMP book from summer '43 and the upper wing insignias were not added till late '44. 

Quite right

There should not be any insignias on top of the wings for marking option 3-4.

I was was a bit questionable about the black and white wing markings for the first option, but I found good pictures on that airframe in the J 9 book, so that is correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, flarpen said:

Quite right

There should not be any insignias on top of the wings for marking option 3-4.

I was was a bit questionable about the black and white wing markings for the first option, but I found good pictures on that airframe in the J 9 book, so that is correct.

Thats interesting information. However could I still put the upper wing ones on if I dated the finished model as early 1945?

10 minutes ago, keithjs said:

Thats interesting information. However could I still put the upper wing ones on if I dated the finished model as early 1945?

I guess only if you had evidence that airframe was still around then.

Yes thats true of course. Wonder where I would find that out. If not I'll have to do '8'. Thanks anyway. Mind you, whatever one I do in that scheme it'll take a bit of practice...There are some nice ones online for inspiration tho'..

1 hour ago, keithjs said:

Yes thats true of course. Wonder where I would find that out. If not I'll have to do '8'. Thanks anyway. Mind you, whatever one I do in that scheme it'll take a bit of practice...There are some nice ones online for inspiration tho'..

Might be hard to fine out, but at least no one could prove you wrong then 😉

I think one important think with the camo is getting it consistent, especially if you are going to do it in more than one sitting.

e5bd2acccf336fb7d6de852c8f26fe1e.jpg

Yes, thats the photo I've seen although the one I have shows the underneath of  the wing too. Does the kit give a date for that one BTW? There are loads of photos all over the net (some in colour too) so no shortage of information out there.

This for example including a photo with one with smaller roundels. Not sure what the underside colours would be tho'?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/k1bwu2/seversky_j9/

9 minutes ago, keithjs said:

Yes, thats the photo I've seen although the one I have shows the underneath of  the wing too. Does the kit give a date for that one BTW? There are loads of photos all over the net (some in colour too) so no shortage of information out there.

This for example including a photo with one with smaller roundels. Not sure what the underside colours would be tho'?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/k1bwu2/seversky_j9/

Yes I have the full photo, that was just one I linked to on the internet. I'm not sure which airframe you are referring to on that page , but if you mean 'E, 8' it looks like a grey underside.

8 minutes ago, keithjs said:

Yes that one

That photo is in colour in the MMP book and the undersurface is grey. Since it's got the code letter it's post later '44 so I'm guessing it would not have the black and white wings?