1/48 - Miles M.9 Master family by Dora Wings - Master Mk.I released

Homebee

New Dora Wings project is a Miles Master family Mk.I/II & III, a target tower and an experimental fighter.

Announced in three scales: 1/48th, 1/72nd and 1/144th.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2254229254807639&id=1929101897320378

3D renders Miles M.9A Master I 

401.jpg

400.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

О да! Больше денег потратить. Было бы слишком много надеяться на Персиваль Прентис в будущем от Дора Крылья? 

I think a little later. Most likely next year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dora said:

I think a little later. Most likely next year.

That would be fantastic! I know I would buy at least four in 1/72. Apart from a few old, hard to find vacuforms, there isn't anything else out there. I think it would be popular, niche, but popular.

Best regards;

Steve

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 1

Brilliant guys, the Master is a much needed aircraft in injection mould. I will certainly be hoovering up one of each marque in 48th. That will save me having to put together the resin MkII I have at home.

Best of luck with the project.

This will be very tempting. A mark III in 1/48 will be impossible to resist.

The Miles Master must be one of the most under-represented aircraft in kit form. I think Frog did one, but apart from that has there been another injection moulded kit? More than 3,000 of the real thing were built so about time we had a new kit.

• Like 1

The 1/72 Frog Mk3 is available still (any number and any time you need) by ARK Models.

Moreover AZ promised (?) us the Mk2  - there was even a box lower panel with individual a/c schemes shown at BM.

However 5 years have elapsed since then with nothing appearing, so let's hope this time we will get a new tool Master (and Martinet I believe) at last .

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zebra said:

The Miles Master must be one of the most under-represented aircraft in kit form. I think Frog did one, but apart from that has there been another injection moulded kit? 

Pavla did limited-run injection kits of both the Mk 1 and Martinet, which were in their usual style and can be made into nice models with work.  There was also a Pegasus Mk I which is imo not worth the effort.  Mk II has never been done and Frog Mk III

has a major error in the fuselage, so Pavla are the best to have appeared to date.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

After all those years we still only have the renders.

Any news about the definitive 1/72 Master III  so needed and wanted by all of us ?

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I have to get this one.  I'm after one of the three(?) used in France to convert 607 Sq to the Hurricane.  I have them as being carried on squadron strength but suspect they were only "passing through" and were then used by 607 Sq. At least one of them was They were N7546, N7569 (not given as 607 Sq in Air Britain)  and N4578 (left in France, there is a photo of a wrecked Master).  What, no 8s in the serial options?  I'll just have to chop up the transfers to get N7546.  They did also use N7718 at Usworth, which might be a more reliable choice?

• Like 1

It's great that something's going on.

Nevertheless I'm still waiting for the radial ones   :(

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Oh yes, I'm glad there's some progress. Really looking forward to this. If ever there was an understated and forgotten British Aircraft, this is it