MiG-29 47 Sqn "Black Archers"

Hi Guys,

This is simple Hasegawa kit, made over the last two weekend, I didn't put the serial number as the kit one was off and need to a custom print and my printer is not working at the moment will do once it is ok. This is an IAF aggressor marking with candy stripes from the early 90s the 47 Sqn "Black Archers" . 
cheers
DSC_5802l.jpg

DSC_5803_l.jpg

DSC_5804l.jpg

DSC_5805l.jpg

• Like 23

On 8/26/2018 at 1:28 AM, F-32 said:

Very smart, always nice to see an Indian AF Mig-29

Thanks, F-32, Indian Migs did have some exotic paints, hoping to do more in future cheers.

13 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

Very nice it’s always good to see unusual colour schemes 👍

Thanks, Mate, India does have some exotic tail colors, their Migs are the best of it.

13 hours ago, Mr B said:

Looks good

nice markings

Thanks Brian, cheers

16 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

A very nice looking Mig and a great scheme.  Are the fin stripes decals or did you paint them?

Thanks, Mate. Yep, I paint the fin stripes, it was bit challenging but fun I would say, cheers.
mask.jpg

• Like 2

NIce model!

Is that one 1/72?

Just if you care for accuracy:

I wonder a bit about the big inboard missiles (KH-29 ground attack missile, laser guided variant as is seems) 

The MiG-29s of that time could carry Air to Air missile R-27, R-73 (as your outboard ones) and even smaller R-60s. In addition to that probably unguided bombs and rockets.

Cheers,
Werner

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Thanks, Mate. Yep, I paint the fin stripes, it was bit challenging but fun I would say, cheers.
mask.jpg

Thanks.  Very nicely done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dadofthree said:

Marvellous job sir!

Thank you, Sir, Cheers

1 hour ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nicely built. 

Much appreciated Mate

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

NIce model!

Is that one 1/72?

Just if you care for accuracy:

I wonder a bit about the big inboard missiles (KH-29 ground attack missile, laser guided variant as is seems) 

The MiG-29s of that time could carry Air to Air missile R-27, R-73 (as your outboard ones) and even smaller R-60s. In addition to that probably unguided bombs and rockets.

Cheers,
Werner

Thanks, Mate, it is 1:72 scale, I agree with you, I have pointed out in another forum the thing is that I didn't use the Hasegawa kit missile look bit off and didn't had any spares so I borrowed from my Su-34, will try to correct it again and will upload it,

Cheers

42 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Thanks.  Very nicely done.

Thanks, Mate!!! cheers

3 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Thank you, Sir, Cheers

Much appreciated Mate

Thanks, Mate, it is 1:72 scale, I agree with you, I have pointed out in another forum the thing is that I didn't use the Hasegawa kit missile look bit off and didn't had any spares so I borrowed from my Su-34, will try to correct it again and will upload it,

Cheers

Thanks, Mate!!! cheers

if you have the trumpeter kit, those on the left with the pointy nose seem to be correct: for a pair of R-27s, on the lower right R-73s

The R-27 would go on the inner most pylon you have already mounted, the R-73 could replace the KH-29s!

Trumpeter-Su-34_18.jpg

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Trumpeter/Tru_Su-34_72/Trumpeter-Su-34_18.jpg

if you have the Italeri kit you are  bit unluky I'd say..... better stick with a pair of R-73 on the mid or ourboard pylons or source them elsewhere!

Hasegawa one are indeed ridiculous representations....

1187_1_hasE11_3.jpg

https://www.super-hobby.de/zdjecia/9/0/1/1187_1_hasE11_3.jpg

cheers, and thanks for considering my comments!

19 hours ago, exdraken said:

if you have the trumpeter kit, those on the left with the pointy nose seem to be correct: for a pair of R-27s, on the lower right R-73s

The R-27 would go on the inner most pylon you have already mounted, the R-73 could replace the KH-29s!

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Trumpeter/Tru_Su-34_72/Trumpeter-Su-34_18.jpg

if you have the Italeri kit you are  bit unluky I'd say..... better stick with a pair of R-73 on the mid or ourboard pylons or source them elsewhere!

Hasegawa one are indeed ridiculous representations....

https://www.super-hobby.de/zdjecia/9/0/1/1187_1_hasE11_3.jpg

cheers, and thanks for considering my comments!

Really appreciate your inputs and you learn something new every day, I checked at my stash no Soviet missiles, sadly that is where the buck stopped for me for the time being. Hopefully in future will get a kit and replaced it, for the time being, will remove the missiles.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...