ย 

42761885880_bf8277cedb_b.jpg

ย 

30701224518_c15e518698_b.jpg43875809274_97bb7077f1_b.jpg

ย 

ย 

Some more work done this weekend. All

in this is about 4 days work!ย 

The photo tech kits from Eduard are great. Although they do seem to be a mix of war and post war br52. So thankfully Iโ€™ve got some reference photos to work with. And some great help through

y Facebook page.ย 

The resin figure was an eBay job from a company called โ€œresineasyโ€ hongkong company for ยฃ8.25 delivered. Details good!.

ย 

• Like 3

Nice to see this here.

FB had not shown the painted update, so u did not "modify" the cabin after all ๐Ÿ˜‚(I guess a good choice).

Sad however that all your neat work is hidden beneath the paint now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blaubar said:

ย 

FB had not shown the painted update, so u did not "modify" the cabin after all ๐Ÿ˜‚(I guess a good choice)

I think I just decided that with half the photo etch there I couldnโ€™t/wouldnโ€™t risk damaging/loosing pieces to make the adjustments. Itโ€™ll be hard enough to see inside the compartment anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

ย 

On 11/09/2018 at 19:34, Kris B said:

Longer I am looking on it the more I want one.ย 

They often come up on EBay, I was fortunate I bought it from a member here (although accidentally as it was a local sale to me but donโ€™t know his screen name)

Not aย cheap build though. I think Iโ€™m in to close to ยฃ200 with the PE and electricsย 

ย 

On 11/09/2018 at 21:28, Ozzy said:

Just catching up Steve, fantastic progress I've been waiting for the Miniart train crew figure set.

ย 

I didnโ€™t know they were doing one!ย 

Iโ€™m not very good at finding โ€œfuture releaseโ€ threadsย 

• Like 2

@Ozzyย Iโ€™ll keep an eye out for those thanks!!ย 

ย 

@Hewyย @Bullbasketย thank you both ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

44614965322_81731c8eae_b.jpg

ย 

ย 

43755147185_c340a31a19_b.jpg

ย 

These side steps are tricky!ย 

Theres 2 of these long ones and 6? Smaller ones.ย 

I litterally drench then in superglue then (closing my eyes!) blow out all the excess. Seems to be the only effective way of ensuing everything is glued in place!ย 

• Like 3

Don't use the threaded footstepsย for a war-time 52. The 50 used them, the simplified 52 did not have them, the post war 52s sometimes had them.

ย 

remember:-> simplification and less tooling was the aim-> "threaded" plate was cheaper and easier to manufacture.

cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, Lots of filling needed doing to the seams of the main boiler. Not just a visible void but poorly aligned too.ย 

Shame for such an expensive kit I've test fitted the boiler to the chassis too... ouch bad fit! Going to have to work something out, up to 2mm gap in places between the upright struts and the boiler... pics to follow.ย 

ย 

44844668642_5e95deda49_b.jpg44844668672_ea5ed6b630_b.jpg44174798334_381b4a63e2_b.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Steve_farrier
  • Sad 1

I hope to get a bit more done tonight, it's been frustrating and will only know for sure once the first coat of paint is on, whilst doing the cab I had to re fill some areas as the paint highlighted some areas I'd filled.ย 

Its getting to the point now I have to build it as two separate parts now, just to aid painting and weathering.ย 

ย 

Although first job job is to repair the RC car for my daughter that one of the horses jumped on ๐Ÿ˜‚ Gives me a good chance to change it from lime green to pink ๐Ÿ™„ย 

• Like 2

On 29/09/2018 at 15:47, Kris B said:

I am wondering that wasn't easier to do the boiler from scratch. The seam could be avoided.ย 

I thought about it. But tbh I think Iโ€™ve managed to fill the seam. To scratch the boiler would have meant adding dozens of bolts and bands. Iโ€™m not opposed to the work jist felt cleaning up the seam was more effecient :-)... I hope not to regret it!ย 

• Like 1

30102837027_04d49bf47c_b.jpg

30102837217_414d848191_b.jpg

30102836357_807e320bbd_b.jpg

tonight's quick start to the painting and weathering of the interior of the loco. More work to do still and need to remember to add the decals in to the gauges!! ย Have started the figure tonight too but so far just a base coatย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 7

Steve,

you're on a roll, your building Speed with this kitย is extremely impressive.ย 

The cabin might needย some shiny touches, it seems a bit too dull?!??ย At least the steam locos which I was able to take a ride on in the cabin, were quite shiny. But as I am 30... this is all post-war stuff/paint...

either way, stunning work and paint job.

• Thanks 1