1/32 Tamiya F4-Phantom show time 100

Hi Guys
this is my rendition of show time 100 which of corse was a F4-Phantom, below for those that are interested is a bit of the history relating to that aircraft.

Fighter Squadron 96, or VF-96Fighting Falconswas an aviation unit of the United States Navyin service from 1962 to 1975. When assigned to Carrier Air Wing Nine (CVW-9) their tailcode was NG, and their radio callsign was Showtime. Originally established as United States Naval Reservesquadron VF-791Fighting Falconson 20 July 1950 it was redesignated VF-142after becoming a regular squadron on 4 February 1953. It was re-designated VF-96on 1 June 1962 and disestablished on 1 December 1975.

4l6WfIJ.jpg0e1SByQ.jpgycG56EX.jpgBgyH529.jpgmovdUQ5.jpgVvFDQvR.jpghe2dPsj.jpgtEOl1u9.jpgLTO38X0.jpg41fNjYV.jpg

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1

Hello Chamel,

The perfection created in this model (Build-Weathering) brings me to the verdict "Master Modeler"

Also your camera skills are excellent.

As mentioned above, please some shots from the bottom!

Regards, Orion

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Hello Chamel,

The perfection created in this model (Build-Weathering) brings me to the verdict "Master Modeler"

Also your camera skills are excellent.

As mentioned above, please some shots from the bottom!

Regards, Orion

Hi thanks for your comments, sorry she's on her way to Canada, I will make sure I do some shots of the bottom on my next build, which is the SU-27

Mike

She's a beauty!  Showtime 100 was the call sign that Randy Duke Cunningham and William Driscoll were using the day they became America's first MiG aces.  Their regular aircraft was down that day so they had to borrow the CAG's bird instead, call sign Honey Bee.  The CAG warned Cunningham and Driscoll not to let anything happen to his bird!  The rest, is history.  I built an Academy F-4J on the 46th Anniversary of their Ace status.  One thing I asked Duke, was how dirty did they're planes get on operational duty, to which he answered, pretty dirty.  But they had an ingenious way of cleaning them.  He said they would fly into a thunderstorm and the rain, plus the 400+ knots they would be flying at would power wash their jets clean!!  Here is my build if you are interested, for Duke Cunningham:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235041402-academy-172-f-4j-showtime-100/

• Like 1

• 5 months later...