1/72 - Lockheed Electra by ? - box art

Homebee

13 hours ago, JWM said:

Maybe Special Hobby/MPM/Azur do re-issue? The original one was with vac canopy, so maybe now with injected?

Tally -Ho is doing those decals (for OK-CTB)

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1126603-tally-ho-72011-lockheed-l-10a-b-electra

Cheers

J-W

I think finding Tally-Ho products will be a challenge these days, they went out of business at least five years ago.

I'm quite happy to see a kit of OK-CTB being made and I suspect Valom will have done fresh tooling rather than reissue the MPM kit.

The only thing that really scares me is looking at the bare metal finish of OK-CTB. I've seen the restored one up close a few times and it's polished to a mirror finish. 

B011s0M.jpg

LdAZNmE.jpg

• Like 4

My initial excitement on seeing this article vanished upon opening it! I thought it was about one of these!! A REAL Electra!! Ah well! Dream on!😭

lockheed-l-188-electra-g-lofd--44265

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, upnorth said:

I've seen the restored one up close a few times and it's polished to a mirror finish. 

Restored machimes often are kept polished to mirror, but original one were passivated as naturally in air and becma light gray with only trace o metalic shine...

37 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

My initial excitement on seeing this article vanished upon opening it! I thought it was about one of these!! A REAL Electra!! Ah well! Dream on!

It happens in some way to me also, but such mislead is not so rare  (Hawker Fury, Lockhhed Orion....)

Some 15 years ago I was suddetly really deeply surprised seeing L-188 approaching to landing at Krakow airport... First I recognized it as Viscount (what would be also very unusual) but after a while (chacking photos for details like position of outer engines and dihedral of tail) )  I was aready sure that it was Lockheed

Regards

J-W

54 minutes ago, JWM said:

.It happens in some way to me also, but such mislead is not so rare  (Hawker Fury, Lockhhed Orion....)

Some 15 years ago I was suddetly really deeply surprised seeing L-188 approaching to landing at Krakow airport... First I recognized it as Viscount (what would be also very unusual) but after a while (chacking photos for details like position of outer engines and dihedral of tail) )  I was aready sure that it was Lockheed

Regards

J-W

Know what you mean! Incidentally, the photo I used was taken at my local airport - Edinburgh. Electras were quite a common sight  doing daily cargo flights! The Viscount was a fairly regular visitor too with at least one  Viscount doing nightly Royal Mail flights delivering parcels. 

Allan

• Like 1