Nieuport 17 & SPAD XIII 1/72 RFC Decals

JimHead23

Dear All

I am looking for any after market decals available for the above and was wondering if anyone could please point me in the right direction.

WW1 is right out of my comfort zone so any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jim

I can't think of any AM decals that are available at present. The Revell Spad XIII current issue offers an RFC option as does the Roden Nieuport 27. Might be the easiest way to get the transfers and build the kits as French or Russian.

Regards, Steve

• Like 1

Blue Rider has a sheet with an RFC Nieuport 17 (though the decals are not great quality, being very thick, which I can say with confidence, having used 'em), and the Eduard SPAD XIII Early profipack has an RFC SPAD marking option.

• Like 1

Check Hannant's for their "History of XX Sqn" series of decal sheets.  There is at least one with a later Nieuport, I think a 24 or 27, and they may have the Spad XIII in one of the other sheets.

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

The probably impossible to find nowadays Americal Gryphon sheet 117 on No 1 Squadron RFC/RAF featured a number of British Nieuports, including six Nieuport 17s and three 27s.

It was a product of its time though, and as with most Americal sheets, suffered from poor resolution of the black printing, and used a rather odd French blue/dull red combination for the roundels. As ever with AG the information book was very informative, if lacking in references.

Regards

Jon

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 8/29/2018 at 3:04 AM, Jan Polc said:

Avalon will release "British Nieuports" at the end of September and SPADs a little bit later. See www.avalondecals.com

Did this ever happen?   I just checked the Avalon website and see no sign of a 1/72 Nieuport sheet.....

I’m building a bunch (10 or so) of Nieuports in 1/72, looking to make a colorful collection to go with a similar collection of Fokker Triplanes and Albatrosses. I’ve got lots of choices for French, Italian, and Russian planes- but not British...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 3:33 PM, e8n2 said:

Check Hannant's for their "History of XX Sqn" series of decal sheets.  There is at least one with a later Nieuport, I think a 24 or 27, and they may have the Spad XIII in one of the other sheets.

Later,

Dave

They really missed an opportunity when they did the 'History of 19 Squadron' sheet.