Airfix 1\1 scale Bull Finches *FINISHED*

Time for something different I just had these in the post and I will be starting them after my ship or on the last week.

On opening the box I found the contents still sealed  and I can't wait to get my paws on them.

And as goes the the painting I most likely to be trail and error.

Here's the pics.29300066397_e504915b77_c.jpg29300066427_502e760462_c.jpg29300066467_cf4ed092a6_c.jpg29300066487_2d63cfe877_c.jpg29300066517_d61752c7c4_c.jpg

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait - something VERY DIFFERENT.  Until this GB came along I never knew these kind of models existed - I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, peterairfix said:

Finally made a start and the first thing is to get the paint colour correct for the pink\orange for the male bird plus a few other bits painted and weathered.

This is going to take all your painting skill on blending the colours in - looking great so far. Watch out for real Bullfinches tapping at the window and trying to come in to join up. It's not mating season, thankfully!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

Great start!

I toyed with the idea of a t-rex for this but since there would be no hard demarcation lines between the cammo scheme I chickened out ;)

Don't despair - I laid my hands on 'Mr T' (and his horny friend with horns) as 'insurance' just in case no-one else managed to get in some 'fauna' - fortunately, Peter did just that. There's always the chance that there will be time to throw them into action with fairly sober paint schemes. That's why I will be watching with interest to see how Peter achieves the boundaries between colours on the Bullfinches.

• Like 2

I’m sure if you left out a small bowl of bird seed near this little finch, it will slowly dissipate over time. That bird is looking most convincing and lifelike - I see a career in taxidermy could be on the cards for you Pete! 

oh - and that chipping sound you heard was no ‘Twitter’ account either.... spooky stuff!! 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, BIG X said:

I can't wait - something VERY DIFFERENT.  Until this GB came along I never knew these kind of models existed - I'm looking forward to it.

Here's the whole series

409366805.jpg

• Like 5

They have turned out great Pete - very different and very nice indeed.  Will SWMBO allow them in the 'front room' - they would look great on the mantlepiece. :goodjob:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Will SWMBO allow them in the 'front room' - they would look great on the mantlepiece. :goodjob:

Luckily I am single so I can have them where I want but they are now behind glass.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, peterairfix said:

Luckily I am single.... 

Ok - who hasn’t thought of that comment just once in their lifetime??  

Hats off Pete, you’ve done an amazing job with these Finches and it just amplifies your modelling prowess that you can build any range from the vast Airfix spectrum and finish them off to these fantastically high standards. That’s true modelling at its finest. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Hats off Pete, you’ve done an amazing job with these Finches and it just amplifies your modelling prowess that you can build any range from the vast Airfix spectrum and finish them off to these fantastically high standards. That’s true modelling at its finest. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Well said Dave - a first class job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Ok - who hasn’t thought of that comment just once in their lifetime??  

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks everyone I am speachless I didn't think I was that good especially when I only have a second hand compressor and an airbrush that cost me £14.99

• Like 1
  • Haha 1