Brewster Buffalo Mk I, NEIAAD, ex 21sqn RAAF

Hi Everyone, 

Hope you don`t mind me sharing some pic`s of my most recent CBI build

Qk28Sao.jpg

Tamiya`s 1/48 Buffalo MK I kit

Z1ZRtd4.jpg

Completed to represent an aircraft used by 2-VI.GV, Netherlands East Indies Army Air Division, Java, March 1942....................

73g1PRc.jpg

......which was formerly used by 21 Squadron RAAF

KuS5sAJ.jpg

With the original national markings painted over with the later NEI markings but with the original codes and serial still showing

QDZHyoE.jpg

Hence the British/Australian style  aerial arrangement too

aBbdSnS.jpg

Could only find one photo to work from so possibly one or two errors or maybe not?

pAHIva5.jpg

Apart from decals from the stash and brake pipes, built from the box contents.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking.

Cheers Russ

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Such an unusual set of markings; where did you find the info on this? ( Superb build, btw)

• Like 1

Yet another superb model Russ and I love the scheme that you`ve chosen too mate,........ top notch again!

Cheers

Tony.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Maxidad said:

Such an unusual set of markings; where did you find the info on this? ( Superb build, btw)

Cheers Max, from Chris Shore`s Bloody Shambles series of books and Google

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

Really nice. Way better than mine. How long did it take you? Mine was about two years in the making. The only different thing I did was open the canopy.

Cheers Greg, about 2hrs a night for a month, in real terms longer but I work shifts so don`t work on my stuff on night shift for instance . So 2 months from start to finish (ish)

8 hours ago, russ c said:

Cheers Greg, about 2hrs a night for a month, in real terms longer but I work shifts so don`t work on my stuff on night shift for instance . So 2 months from start to finish (ish)

Edited by Greg Law
Had a computer problem see post below.

Thanks Russ this gives me an idea on my timing. Your presentations also give me ideas for my future show and tells. It is amazing just how much detail or problems a photo brings out. I was thinking of showing my HS 123 which I did a long time ago. I had major problems with getting the wing on and parts breaking off. When I took the photos every fault and speck of dust really stuck out, so it went back into my cabinet where I can't see the problems. I will have to make my Gaspatch one to show later. To me it goes to show how good your work is.

• Thanks 1