Iwata Eclipse HP-CS problem

ModellerCH

Hi all, 

I have some troubles with my eclipse airbrush. Always worked fine and never had problems. Disassembled lot of times for cleaning and never had troubles. Some days ago I used Gunze Super Metallic lacquer... I used default Tamiya thinner... A member of the forum helped me and told me that I had to use a specific thinner.

So I disassembled the airbrush again and now I have some problems. The air flow is fine... But it seems that the paints can't reach the nozzle... The paint flow is so limited... To empty a half cup I need now to run the brush for 1 or 2 minutes. 

I have just spend 60 Euro for a new needle and nozzle... But the problem still the same. And I really don't know what to do. 

Anyone got a tip? 

Thanks a lot! 

Did you check the air "holes" in the main body of the airbrush? Also check the holes in the nozzle cap. Sometimes paint can get in there and it stops the airflow. If that doesn't fix it remove the air valve and let it sit for a while. I know the Iwata O-rings should be safe from lacquer thinners, but if they're not and they got swollen they might block the airflow? Worth checking just in case.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bmwh548 said:

Did you check the air "holes" in the main body of the airbrush? Also check the holes in the nozzle cap. Sometimes paint can get in there and it stops the airflow. If that doesn't fix it remove the air valve and let it sit for a while. I know the Iwata O-rings should be safe from lacquer thinners, but if they're not and they got swollen they might block the airflow? Worth checking just in case.

Yeah! It worked! Did not even know that you could remove the air valve... Did it... All was clean, no paint or other stuff... But when I reassamdled the valve the color flow became fluid as always... Than you so much! 

• Like 2