Chasseurs de La Guarde 1815

Jim, thanks for your kind words. It was the poses that drew me to the figures, I had no need or desire for Guards in my army but enjoyed painting them.  They will probably never see action.

I'm now looking at Perrys Young Guard figure who are cast in sitting positions. Napoleon order them to sit and wait before defending against the Prussians at Placenoit( I'm sure I've spelled that wrong), so that are historically correct.

I am taking part in a massive  recreation of Waterloo next June in Glasgow, they organisers hope to set a world record for the number of figures involved so I'm back to painting Line and Light infantry en masse, so some oddities will be a nice break.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 7:13 PM, Silver Fox said:

Jim, thanks for your kind words. It was the poses that drew me to the figures, I had no need or desire for Guards in my army but enjoyed painting them.  They will probably never see action.

I'm now looking at Perrys Young Guard figure who are cast in sitting positions. Napoleon order them to sit and wait before defending against the Prussians at Placenoit( I'm sure I've spelled that wrong), so that are historically correct.

I am taking part in a massive  recreation of Waterloo next June in Glasgow, they organisers hope to set a world record for the number of figures involved so I'm back to painting Line and Light infantry en masse, so some oddities will be a nice break.

Thanks Andy,would be great to see some pics of the event,if possible,Cheers.