Supermarine SPITFIRE / SEAFIRE / SPITEFUL / SEAFANG STGB Chat

23 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I like to plan ahead and it gives me... 2 years of authorised guilt free mass Spitfire stash accumulation! 

Any excuse for that is a good one :D 

• Like 1

Good morning all Spitfire Seafire fans 

We have a date , this STGB will take place from April 11th  until July 12th 2020 ...

I am looking for the help of one or two co host(s) so if you are interested don't hesitate ..

Cheers

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon All Spitfire / Seafire fans

Although this STGB is not yet in the Future Group Build Section we will have a GREAT STGB next year that will start on 11th April ..

All the best

Patrice

• Thanks 1

My Special Hobby Spitfire PR Mk.X looks awfully lot like a short run kit compared to their current P-40:s, but that's what I'll build anyway. I just might have to look for a PR windscreen replacement, my kit only comes with a pair of vac formed armoured ones, and I'd like to build it as the Mk.XI #944.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

It’s about time I built another Seafire, count me in please.

John

Good evening John

You are already on the list Number 6 exactly  😉..

I am looking forward to follow your build

All the best

Patrice

11 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

My Special Hobby Spitfire PR Mk.X looks awfully lot like a short run kit compared to their current P-40:s, but that's what I'll build anyway. I just might have to look for a PR windscreen replacement, my kit only comes with a pair of vac formed armoured ones, and I'd like to build it as the Mk.XI #944.

Good evening VP

Your SH Spit PR Mk XI build will be very interesting to follow I already reserve a seat  ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening VP

Your SH Spit PR Mk XI build will be very interesting to follow I already reserve a seat  ..

All the best

Patrice

...and the Sword Seafire IIc is still at 0,25% completion so maybe I'll try to do them both...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

...and the Sword Seafire IIc is still at 0,25% completion so maybe I'll try to do them both...

Good evening VP

I ll take a seat for the Seafire too ..

Patrice

On 10/25/2019 at 3:13 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon All Spitfire / Seafire fans

Although this STGB is not yet in the Future Group Build Section we will have a GREAT STGB next year that will start on 11th April ..

All the best

Patrice

Good morning Patrice and thank you for the timely reminder. I'd forgotten all about this one.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:16 PM, vppelt68 said:

How thick is the kit windscreen part? On all the PR.1 conversons I've done using the Airfix kit there's sufficient plastic to sand down and polish it up to a PR-type curve.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:58 PM, vppelt68 said:

Good man :D 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

:hmmm:A perfect way to tune in on this one could be trying to finish the FrankenSeafire in this year's KUTA, right, to move it from the shelf of shame to shelf of oblivion (my display cabinet) 😁

Aye this one does need finishing off :) 

• Like 1