Supermarine SPITFIRE / SEAFIRE / SPITEFUL / SEAFANG STGB Chat

1 hour ago, Steve 1602 said:

Great line up! There’s a nice variation in Seafire schemes it seems. 

Thanks Steve. I particularly like the LIII in the Day Fighter Scheme with D Day stripes. A bit unusual for a naval fighter. 

• Like 1

On 29/07/2020 at 12:42, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I will ask Enzo to open the vote ..

And ther's the problem...   the forum software can only deal with a maximum of 72 entries.  There are 111 entries in the gallery! 

It just shows how popular GBs are.  This is yet another that has broken the forum! :) 

Several of us have entered more than one model in the gallery... what if we were each to remove all our entries apart our own personal favourite?

I think you count the number of members, rather than the number of entries, you may get closer to the 72 maximum... so one entry per member would work...

Just a thought...

Edited by Bill Livingston

17 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

There are 111 entries in the gallery! 

I think that‘s the answer next time someone asks “why on earth has [insert manufacturer name] decided to release yet another Spitfire?” 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Steve 1602 said:

decided to release yet another Spitfire

And if Airfix release a new tool 1/24 Spitfire of any Mark it will break my dedication to 1/48.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

And would it work if we grouped the builds by scale in 3 galleries ?

How about by scale?

1/48 usually does better, understandably. But it might give those modelling in 'the one true scale' more of a look in. Not that I'm biased ^_^.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2020 at 5:20 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

And ther's the problem...   the forum software can only deal with a maximum of 72 entries.  There are 111 entries in the gallery! 

It just shows how popular GBs are.  This is yet another that has broken the forum! :) 

Could you split it into scale votes??

• Like 1

arrr with the voting no matter how you break things up, 75 is the magic number for builds as you can only create a poll with 25 choices and then only 3 polls can be created. This drops to a total of 72 if you include a none of the above choice.

I had a similar problem with the Nordic GB, 100+ completed builds. I decided not to have a poll as I didn't think it's fair to exclude models or ask members to drop some of their builds.

Maybe Admin can look into this sometime and maybe see if a fix can be done in the next forum software update....if it is at all possible.

In the meantime we can all bask in the fact we participated in such a huge and successful GB. Having seen all the entries in the gallery a really doubt if there would have been a clear winner anyway...I had 6 favourites which I couldn't choose between!!!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I decided not to have a poll as I didn't think it's fair to exclude models or ask members to drop some of their builds.

I have to agree with Rich unless there is an admin work around that is all inclusive. 

Ray

• Like 5

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

In the meantime we can all bask in the fact we participated in such a huge and successful GB.

Agree with Rich and I think he summed it up very well.

I enjoy participating in GBs, they are very motivating (which I need) and always educating. The galleries are a great way to showcase the models but I’ve never been a fan of the poll.

• Like 3