Supermarine SPITFIRE / SEAFIRE / SPITEFUL / SEAFANG STGB Chat

19 hours ago, Back in the Saddle said:

I shall grab one from my stash and join in, if I may?

I have 9 days to plan, and hopefully finish one or two other models on the bench first to make some room!

Good evening Matt

Of course you can join this Gb

Welcome aboard

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi,

I have an Airfix Mk1a and was thinking about a quick build in prototype colours. Would that fit the GB?

Cheers

Hi Wimbledon99

Of course you can build the Airfix Spit in the prototype colours (I am not an expert of the Spit prototypes but I think that the Airfix kit need some modifications ...) 

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

11 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Hello Patrice, 

I like to enter as well with a Silver Spitfire in 1/48!

cheers, Jan

Good morning Jan

Of course you can join in welcome aboard and have fun

All the best

Patrice

6 hours ago, Magua87 said:

I've got far too much on the go to join in. But then again, that Spitfire Mk.22 is just dying to be built... and I am stuck at home. 

Good morning Magua87

Don't worry  you can join in and I would like to see that Spitfire Mk22 built

Welcome aboard and have fun

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desert falcon said:

Hi Patrice, if you can squeeze an extra in, I would like to join with the Revell 1/72 Mk. Vb. 

Cheers

Johnny b 

Good morning Johnny b

There is always room in this Gb of course you can join in

Welcome aboard and have fun

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Can't we start this GB right now ?

I feel the same but it would probably be to difficult for the organisers and all the other modellers who are still involved in other GBs.

58 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I'm getting bored

How about watching a film? Last Sunday I watched 'The First of the Few', a great period Spitfire drama starring Leslie Howard and David Niven. Some great Spitfire footage and even some of the Schneider Trophy planes. Just don't expect complete historical accuracy! ;)

The 2018 film Spitfire was very good and there must be other Spitfire films out there as well (but don't watch The Battle of Britain - got to save that for the BoB Group Build!)

Cheers,

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Johnson said:

I feel the same but it would probably be to difficult for the organisers and all the other modellers who are still involved in other GBs.

How about watching a film? Last Sunday I watched 'The First of the Few', a great period Spitfire drama starring Leslie Howard and David Niven. Some great Spitfire footage and even some of the Schneider Trophy planes. Just don't expect complete historical accuracy! ;)

The 2018 film Spitfire was very good and there must be other Spitfire films out there as well (but don't watch The Battle of Britain - got to save that for the BoB Group Build!)

Cheers,

OK. Aren't most of us involved in multiple GB's ?

Watching a film ? I watched this one on You Tube yesterday. Very good !

Edited by Erwin

I just noticed in the rules it's specified as one thread per build (separate them out or at least not post 'm in the same thread).

That throws a bit of a spanner in my planned idea unfortunately and spills a lot of beans ahead of the game, but I'll oblige.

34 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Not sure if this has been covered already but is a Seafang eligible for this GB ?

That's a good question Pat. I'd wondered the same about the Spiteful.

They are both clearly developments of the original Spitfire which was continually developed throughout its life. And both are covered in Morgan and Shacklady's book. But they did have the completely new wing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Do you have a Spiteful ?

I don't Pat, it's a gap in my collection that I should fill. I see there are two kits, AZ and Pegasus, not sure I fancy the latter one. Similarly, there's a Trumpeter and CMR Seafang. I'm not sure that I'll ever realise my youthful ambition to make every mark of Spitfire, but I can at least try to collect them all.

I'd vote for them to be included Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 ;). I don't suppose we'll be swamped by them!

Were you thinking of doing the Seafang Pat, if OKd?

Edited by Johnson
More stuff
  • Like 1

Good morning

I must admit that I don't know much about the Spiteful and Seafang  but as they are  clearly developments of the original Spitfire I think that we can accept them in the GB I will add them in the Welcome and Rules Thread ...

Patrice

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alt-92 said:

I just noticed in the rules it's specified as one thread per build (separate them out or at least not post 'm in the same thread).

That throws a bit of a spanner in my planned idea unfortunately and spills a lot of beans ahead of the game, but I'll oblige.

Good morning alt 92

I am sorry about this point but after the P 51 Mustang STGB I realized that it would make it easier to follow the progress of the different builds ...

I hope that you will manage to build as many kits as you had planned anyway  ..

All the best

Patrice

• Thanks 1

@TEMPESTMK5

Hi Patrice,

I was not one of the original signatories for this group build, and wondered if it was OK for me to jump in at this late stage? I have a couple of 1/72 kits a Mk. IX and a Mk.22, and I am sure that somewhere I have two 1/48 kits, but the search for those goes on. As a starter I think that the Mk. IX would be my first choice and the kit decals include a Dijon based aircraft, but don't let that influence your decision in any way. :winkgrin:

Cheers