US Airfix Lancaster by CraftMaster 1958: Finished

Looks like a Lanc to me - great job - keep it up.  This is a true classic Airfix build - non of all that Tamiya 1/48 nonsense - proper modelling....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, BIG X said:

Looks like a Lanc to me - great job - keep it up.  This is a true classic Airfix build - non of all that Tamiya 1/48 nonsense - proper modelling....

😆

• Haha 2

I’m so intrigued by these kits that I’ve seen where painting takes place before main assembly. I thought this was no longer an accepted practice, however it’s obvious that it works for some judging by the lovely results achieved when finished. This Lanc is looking particularly good. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

Painful masking . . . .

44455505741_773e9ab766_z.jpg

First part of the camouflage  . . . .

44406208742_6bb0b9e1dc_z.jpg

Just finishing the mid-upper turret and a strip on the front turret then I can put them together . . . . I'm looking forward to getting the fuselage joined up thats for sure 

• Like 4

Didn't really want to take a close-up photo but here are the completed turrets and canopy. ( I will touch up the guns where they cut from the sprue)

I will try and fix them all in the fuselage tonite . . . .

43767867734_0be47fce6b_z.jpg

The wings and tailplanes are all complete so its just about there, almost finished.

Ian

Edited by Mancunian airman
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Mancunian airman said:

Gloss and decals on, waiting for them to dry off . . . . .

42689595670_ee4f90dd84_z.jpg

You are really licking this into shape - I  would be very proud of it :goodjob:

• Like 2

A Snap shot of the completed model. Back to work in 10 mins so I shall post in the gallery early next week.

44530096331_6c4e1c2374_z.jpg

PS Not a single rivet was removed nor was any filler employed, just as all Airfix models made back in the day 🙂

Ian

Edited by Mancunian airman
  • Like 9

That looks great Ian and claps all round for the river retention and banishment of filler. What a fantastic tribute to this Airfix Classic kit and ‘G for George’. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

As one can only have five photos in the gallery I thought I would get these two in here  . . . .

The wings just needed a little fettling to get a snug fit as I dont tend to glue the wings in place so I can dismantle for storage.

42802380500_659a28a943_z.jpg

This kit has probably the best canopy of the early Lancaster kits but I think the front turret shape lets down this kit . .  .

42802381150_b49fb34864_z.jpg

There are more photos in the gallery of the completed model. 

• Like 5