Onwards to the Bridge - 1/35

Hello all, 

After some rethinks, mishaps and heavy thought this is what has come out of the other end. A 1/35 Diorama of a small farm around Oosterbeek, Netherlands Sep 1944. It is based around Operation Market Garden (A Bridge Too Far). 

DSC_8022.jpgDSC_8033.jpgDSC_8011.jpg

DSC_8026.jpg

DSC_8031.jpg

DSC_8038.jpg

Figures still need to arrive in the post (gone for Heller Red Devils). Any feedback would be appreciated. 

1st Diorama on this forum - Complete near enough! 

Thanks, Olly

Edited by Olly_5
added more photos
  • Like 6

Hi Olly,

Looks good and will look even better with the figures in place. I can't fault the layout at all. Mayhaps some chickens, geese or suchlike as well?

One small suggestion, if I may?

I see you constructed a lot of things using corrugated cardboard and whilst there's nothing wrong with that at all (I use it myself) I would suggest that you block up the ends of it so that the wavy cardboard inner doesn't show. For the wall ends and corners, the arch and the tiles, I'd use plaster of Paris, or putty, file and sand it down to make nice corners or edges then blend with paint etc. For the 'shelter', I'd just glue strips of wood (coffee stirring sticks would be ideal) along the front beneath the tiles, again, hiding the 'wavy' cardboard. You could use similar to 'box in' and hide the cardboard 'supports' at the tops of the columns holding that roof up.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, Badder said:

Looks good and will look even better with the figures in place. I can't fault the layout at all. Mayhaps some chickens, geese or suchlike as well?

I think that considering the supply problems at Arnhem, unless the diorama is set early in the battle, any chickens or geese would most likely have been eaten!

Looks good so far  :)

• Haha 3