1/72 Piper Seneca II

Hi All;

Just wondering if anyone happens to know if the Duarte 1/72 Piper Seneca II is still available anywhere at all? I know it's a small Brazilian based resin kit manufacturer, but I'm not finding a lot online....except for some rather nice looking photos of the finished model. Scalemates doesn't seem to know a lot either. I'm guessing it's long gone, but wanted to ask anyway.

Fancy one of these, as my first ever flight was in Piper Seneca II G-KIDS from Orsett in 1980 aged 11. 

Best regards;

Steve

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, provencenut said:

The price will be around 30 EUR - perhaps, as I don't know all of the costs yet. I have ordered a small run of 20 kits from the manufacturer, and am going to release it with my decals.

Mika

Oh! That's fantastic news! Made my day. Am I able to pre-order a Seneca?

Best regards;

Steve

24 minutes ago, provencenut said:

Steve, you can pre-order one by sending me an email to arcticdecals(at)gmail.com .

Regards,

Mika

Thanks Mika! Email sent.

Best regards;

Steve

12 hours ago, provencenut said:

The price will be around 30 EUR - perhaps, as I don't know all of the costs yet. I have ordered a small run of 20 kits from the manufacturer, and am going to release it with my decals.

Mika

I just emailed you.

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I saw a decal set for a Cessna 404, do you know if there was a kit of that one?

Apparently there was a resin kit from Gremlin Models GM72005. Not sure how long ago it was released or if still available.

Steve

23 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Apparently there was a resin kit from Gremlin Models GM72005. Not sure how long ago it was released or if still available.

Steve

Thanks, I found pictures on Scalemates but that's it. I guess they are gone. Have to get my wood carving skills going. Getting the Seneca for sure.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

5 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Thanks, I found pictures on Scalemates but that's it. I guess they are gone. Have to get my wood carving skills going. Getting the Seneca for sure.

Maybe worth putting the 404 in your eBay saved search list. You'll get an email as soon as one is listed. One sold last year for £38.

As for the Seneca. Mika tells me they're selling fast, so don't miss the boat!

Steve

3 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Maybe worth putting the 404 in your eBay saved search list. You'll get an email as soon as one is listed. One sold last year for £38.

Steve

Just made the order. Have to wait for paypal to come up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

Steve

Just got one, do you know how many are being made? I tried your idea of saving ebay searches, I'm not sure if I did it correct.

22 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Just got one, do you know how many are being made? I tried your idea of saving ebay searches, I'm not sure if I did it correct.

Mika stated earlier in this thread that he had ordered a run of 20 Senecas...so not many to be had.

As for eBay. Type in what you're looking for in the search bar, wait for the results page, then look just below the search bar and you should see a little blue heart with "Save this search" written next to it. Click that, and you'll be emailed every time something with the description you entered is listed. It's helped me bag a few items I was looking for, though I'm still waiting for a 1/72 Fiat G.46 to appear!

Steve

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello folks,

Yes, finally I was able to release the Seneca kit and I'll bring few of them with me to SMW show at Telford in next weekend. You are welcome to visit our table, shared with Ruben of Lima November Decals and Detlef of MilMod. It seems that I have perhaps to order another run of those kits.

About the Cessna 404 and other Cessna twins, AirCast Resin is going to release 400 series Cessna twins  in future. This sounds good as the Gemlin Models C404 is very rare and difficult to find (and build).

Cheers,

Mika

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mika Jernfors said:

Hello folks,

Yes, finally I was able to release the Seneca kit and I'll bring few of them with me to SMW show at Telford in next weekend. You are welcome to visit our table, shared with Ruben of Lima November Decals and Detlef of MilMod. It seems that I have perhaps to order another run of those kits.

About the Cessna 404 and other Cessna twins, AirCast Resin is going to release 400 series Cessna twins  in future. This sounds good as the Gemlin Models C404 is very rare and difficult to find (and build).

Cheers,

Mika

Is Aircast only on facebook? is there a site?

Just got my Seneca today, very nice model. Instrument panel is a beautiful decal as is the deicer boots and prop decals including deicers, tip stripes and logos. Two canopy sections with paint masks. White metal landing gear, full interior seats.

Edited by busnproplinerfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/11/2019 at 22:53, Mika Jernfors said:

sounds good as the Gemlin Models C404 is very rare and difficult to find (and build).

Cheers,

Mika

I built the Gremlin kit some years ago and yes it was a pig to build. The upper fuselage and cabin windows was in one piece as a clear vacform part and quite thin so tricky to cut out and fix.

11 minutes ago, Paul J said:

I built the Gremlin kit some years ago and yes it was a pig to build. The upper fuselage and cabin windows was in one piece as a clear vacform part and quite thin so tricky to cut out and fix.

This has that to, hopefully it's better, does come with two. The upper cabin goes down to just below the doors and theirs a ridge on the fuselage where it meets.

Hi,

I also have the Gremlin 404 kit and have started it, but it takes a lot of work if you want a nice and reasonably correct model. I happened to spot a couple of 404 kits (LN Kits issue) in a hobby shop in Oslo, Norway last weekend. They're not listen in the webshop, but it may be worth contacting them via email. Www.hobbym.no.

- Ragnar