Eduard 1/48 Spitfire HF VIII

Impressive modelling and finishing!

The weathering also looks believable, with the exception of the prop blades (my pet aversion). The back side of the blades might show some wear down ot the paint, but near the tip, not the root. And all the muck on the blade front faces looks to me more like a modeller's free-running imagination than a representation of reality. 😉

Advanced modelling skills in evidence, to be sure!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Impressive modelling and finishing!

The weathering also looks believable, with the exception of the prop blades (my pet aversion). The back side of the blades might show some wear down ot the paint, but near the tip, not the root. And all the muck on the blade front faces looks to me more like a modeller's free-running imagination than a representation of reality. 😉

Advanced modelling skills in evidence, to be sure!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks for the comments Joachim.  Yes, I should have shown more wear on the rear of the blade, although  the blade  front's weathering was based on a photo, taken by myself  of an actual propeller on a B-25 parked at Oshkosh last year, although like you say, I have overdone the dirt a bit on the roots.

Regards

Bruce

quick question - I did a little research about Eduard Spitfires and saw someone mention that although the ailerons are separate, they weren't able to position them in anyway but straight. I see you were able to. Did you modify them? or did the HF kit allow it?

Hi Crane.  From the box, I found you had a little bit of wiggle room with how you glued the ailerons and elevators.  You can certainly glue them in a slightly deflected attitude without any modification.  I just pushed them in straight, then bent them to the attitude I wanted ensuring the hinge gap was uniform and glued them like that

Hope that help

Bruce

• Thanks 1