Eduard 1/48 Spitfire HF VIII

What a joy this was to build.  This is Eduard's most recent profipack boxing of their Spitfire VIII line.

Ive never been a big fan of the extended wingtip Spitfires,being as that lovely wing shape gets ruined, but I love the high altitude scheme.

This was straight out of the box, as I really don't think it needs any additions unless you want to expose the engine or gun bays

Painted with Xtracolour, washed with Ammo Panel line wash deep grey and dirt applied with Abteilung oil paints

Thanks for looking

Bruce

finished12finished6finished8stb upper on blackclose up nose-3

• Like 56

Beautiful finish and weathering Bruce. Although this is a first rate kit, you still need the skills to bring out a top end result - something which you've achieved by the bucket load here. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave. 

• Like 2

Excellente, Bruce !!

You'd better bring it to the meeting on Saturday so we can all drool over it.........and/or pick it to pieces.........

You can give us a weathering tute !! please.......

Cheers......Rog

Another beauty for the collection there Bruce,...... like you, I love this scheme too,.... especially on the Med based aircraft and 32 Sqn is my favourite. 

I`m planning a 451 Sqn RAAF Spit in the same scheme, with improvised Aboukir filter, having built one in brail scale along with a 32 Sqn one too!

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

Great job there, Bruce. Like some of your other co-respondents, I am not a big fan of the extended wing Spitfire variants but some years ago I had the immense privilege to meet the late Pete Brothers and promised myself that I would one day model his personalised Mk VII once a suitable kit arrived on the market. From the little research that I have done so far, it would appear that the Mk VII differed little from the VIII save the pressurised cockpit so I imagine I can reproduce one from this kit. Your finished model certainly provides plenty of inspiration, especially with that great weathering.

Well Done, Sir ! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, roginoz said:

Excellente, Bruce !!

You'd better bring it to the meeting on Saturday so we can all drool over it.........and/or pick it to pieces.........

You can give us a weathering tute !! please.......

Cheers......Rog

Unfortunately the rostering gods have conspired to keep me away again, or its a cunning plan by Norm to stop me eating all the biscuits, but we will catch up Rog

10 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Great job there, Bruce. Like some of your other co-respondents, I am not a big fan of the extended wing Spitfire variants but some years ago I had the immense privilege to meet the late Pete Brothers and promised myself that I would one day model his personalised Mk VII once a suitable kit arrived on the market. From the little research that I have done so far, it would appear that the Mk VII differed little from the VIII save the pressurised cockpit so I imagine I can reproduce one from this kit. Your finished model certainly provides plenty of inspiration, especially with that great weathering.

Well Done, Sir ! 

Thanks Tiger, and everyone else for the nice comments. That's my understanding of the differences too Tiger.

You were very lucky indeed to meet Pete Brothers.  I'm very jealous

Very nice job, mate.  I see what you mean about the wingtips, though... Looks like they were shaped on a bench grinder after the operator had a couple of pints for lunch.  Why would they do that?  Would it be to increase the aspect ratio for better high altitude performance?