Dungeon of Doom

Cadman

Here's one I finished in April 2016 and recently rediscovered the photos sitting in an old external HDD.

I decided it was best to crop certain figures out of the images, but these shots will show the general idea. As can be seen, I used several ideas, images and concepts from film, books, comics and various fantasy artists, then cobbled them all together to come up with what's basically a cartoon-like and fairly typical Conan scenario, which isn't intended to be taken too seriously.

Viewing is much enhanced by playing Arnie's Conan the Barbarian movie soundtrack by Basil Poledouris in the background. Several versions are available on YT and this is one of the better shortened examples. Just hit the Go Button in the middle of this link and then scroll down to the photos.

All the white metal or resin kit figures are 70mm/75mm from a range of different manufacturers.

The structure is foam which i painted and weathered with W&N water soluble oils - mainly because I couldn't think of any other use for them as I normally use hobby acrylic paints for figures and vehicles, or cheap tube acrylics for basic groundwork.

Took an age for those oils to completely dry and cure as well.

01. 4-Apr-16_DofD_a

02. 4-Apr-16_DofD_e

03. 1-Apr-16_DofD_n

04. 1-Apr-16_DofD_q

05. 1-Apr-16_DofD_h

06. 1-Apr-16_DofD_g

07. 1-Apr-16_DofD_w

Overall view of the diorama:-

08. 1-Apr-16_DofD_c

AND I JUST REALIZED I PUT THIS IN THE FIGURE RFI SECTION INSTEAD OF THE DIORAMA SECTION - DOH!

😨....🙄

Sorry about that.

Edited by Cadman
added a comment at the bottom of the post
  • Like 14

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 10:32 AM, Tim Reynaga said:

This is AWESOME! There's tons to look at, and those figures are flawlessly rendered. The Thulsa Doom figure looks just like James Earl Jones... Gorgeous work, a pleasure to look at. Well done!:clap2::partytime:

11 hours ago, Scaley said:

Excellent work Cadman, so much detail. 👍

Thanks for the positive feedback guys - glad you like it.

I'm elsewhere at the moment, but when I do get back home the first hobby priority will be to finish off my half-completed 75mm Sun Tzu figure. It's been a WIP for far too long.

After that, I intend to revisit this older project and replace certain of the figures. I'll then do another photoshoot and post the results in the Diorama section.

Cheers

H