Battle of Britain Trio

Three from the BoB - well actually the Hurricane is April 1940 according to the painting guide but perhaps it made it home to defend the Home Isle against the Luftwaffe???  I really like these 1/72 Airfix kits.  The are fairly accurate, easy to assemble, come with a "wheels up" option and a pilot figure!  I acquired a set of AIrfix stands and used them here - talk about a step back in time!!!

They are all built out of the box and airbrushed using Tamiya paints on top and Gunze aqueous for the Sky.  Kit decals too.  I built them over a year ago but put them into storage.  This week I got them out and painted them.  I lost a few bits along the way including a pair of the turret guns and the rear antenna for the Defiant.  

They look pretty cool together and I think the large code letters suit these older types.

Cheers!!

WSPgU0blQngkk_NYRiHGlTd7WHCXyfiXpSlr-xvP

kMLUFFehKfZdZ0K5Ro-d52u-LQLbIqj9iVOoqBQd

RDit91FVax3fZwrG43KATy38SKSaMUBmNqq80HpF

39QMONrTINRDNacqlE9e7gjCNde7voyQvJf4GOaA

kdyjmzrmJhW63NMVaxNruMM5vuGfJMAkYqJbsk43

tgsDw8_G4aTDLt1b3bMDFB698yyXusMEnq00LI3U

-SjmBLVKvDeNtHcvl4waDBuzETrLhIfw2S3SKbwB

skJOYhIvCDOCKUyVCjU_uUei_RBOH06nnqO10Z93

5b0cJEQQTZtJq4qzRIwAkhfT_5-Jv5ALrOgSPK5u

FZYP6daFzsjZr3PdJDN55MqzFhVE5fxFxbWfiIDt

Edited by Bill Bunting
  • Like 67
  • Thanks 1

Lovely job Bill,

All three look superb mate,......... as you say,... not quite Battle of Britain,...... but representative and Airfix have done us proud with some great kits recently. You`ll be moving onto your 1/1 scale Lanc soon won`t you?

Cheers

Tony 

• Thanks 1

What they all said. Great little kits, all three of them. And you have done them justice. Lovely paintwork and nice to see them in flight for a change. Those old clear stands bring back childhood memories of sitting room dogfights!!

• Thanks 1