1/144 - Antonov An-22 "Cock" by A&A Models - released

Homebee

5 hours ago, averarandy said:

Do the wings droop, or are they canted down?

From Yefim Gordon's 'Antonov's Heavy Transports' (Vol18 in the Red Star series)....

"Sweepback 0 deg, zero dihedral up to rib 26 and 3 deg anhedral beyond that rib"

So, yes - canted down just outboard of the outer engines - the same configuration was used on the An-12.

Ken

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 8:20 AM, Homebee said:

41616312.jpg&key=b49e31984a8b6482a6bc15d

V.P.

I do like the decal options in it. After @Albeback52 prompted me, I stumped up for an EE one, it hasn't hurt that decision making to find this is the same plastic, it was a kind of bird in the hand sort of decision. I may well put up my hand for the Antonov Airlines decals if someone has used the other option or try to buy some from A&A after seeing this video which features on the An-22 Wikipedia page.

Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

I do like the decal options in it. After @Albeback52 prompted me, I stumped up for an EE one, it hasn't hurt that decision making to find this is the same plastic, it was a kind of bird in the hand sort of decision. I may well put up my hand for the Antonov Airlines decals if someone has used the other option or try to buy some from A&A after seeing this video which features on the An-22 Wikipedia page.

Steve.

It's a  nice kit. Hope you enjoy it. I am not really interested in the civil markings but, I am going to do one of the kits (yes! I've ordered another!!:whistle:) in that rather attractive camouflage scheme illustrated in an earlier post. I'm still going to stick with the four tone "splinter camouflage" for my totally fictitious but fun "export " version operated by the Swedish Air Force! Actually, it just occurred to me I COULD do it in Ukrainian markings?🤔

• Like 1

Re the camo'd example........

It looks like the kit has the earlier, smaller radome.

The single airframe painted in camo colours (RA-09309) is a later build - with a larger radome....

Closeup of the larger radome....

day05_025.jpg

RA-09309 at MAKS 2009.... note the Chaff/Flare box on top of the sponsons - another needed mod...

day02_076.jpg

Ken

• Thanks 2