1/144 - Antonov An-22 "Cock" by A&A Models - released

Homebee

17 hours ago, iainpeden said:

In RAF light stone and dark earth with black undersides and high viz roundals - oh, and a white section above the cockpit.

That WOULD definitely score 15 on the cool- ometer scale of 1 to 10!😀😀. I was thinking along the lines of an export variant in Swedish markings painted in something like that crazy splinter camouflage used in the 80s! 

Allan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pin said:

But why?.... Eastern Express offering is more than decent, unless AA kit is head and shoulders above (i.e. on the level of Zvezda Ultimate) then I don't see much market for it. 

Be nice if it could be a little cheaper than the EE kit too, looking at NZ$130.00+/- for the EE one & that is out of my budget, I sure would like one though.

Some information please, what is the difference between early & late versions, I see both in EE boxings.?

Steve.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

difference between early & late versions

The most prominent - different nose. Kit-wise in "Late" kit EE has corrected the error with propeller rotation direction

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

NZ$130.00+/-

http://modelsua.com/An-22-Antei-Cock-heavy-military-transport-aircraft-early-version-1-144-Eastern-Express-14479.html

That's about 90NZD + shipping. It's a big plane, even in 1/144

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Be nice if it could be a little cheaper than the EE kit too, looking at NZ$130.00+/- for the EE one & that is out of my budget, I sure would like one though.

Some information please, what is the difference between early & late versions, I see both in EE boxings.?

Steve.

It can be found a little cheaper than that on a certain auction site - I just got one from a seller in Russia for A$91 including shipping (can't imagine shipping from Russia to NZ would be all that more than to NZ) which I think translates to NZ$99.

Also bought decals for the scheme on the A+A box from Bsmodelle, which look quite nice. Really looking forward to building it.

11 hours ago, Pin said:

I don't see much market for it

Neither do I! I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to have the EE plastic in the box.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, zebra said:

It can be found a little cheaper than that on a certain auction site - I just got one from a seller in Russia for A$91 including shipping (can't imagine shipping from Russia to NZ would be all that more than to NZ) which I think translates to NZ$99.

Ok, thats cheaper than I've seen before, I'll look into it & rake some shekels together. I love the look of these big brutes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve.

• Like 1

I asked A&A Models if it's the EE kit reboxed, this was their reply. 

A&A Models
Not a "rebox", but enhanced kit - we improved the molds, added new spruces (details) and decals (new Antonov Airlines livery -as on the picture)

Link - https://www.facebook.com/1048501705294464/photos/pcb.1452321358245828/1452320604912570/?type=3&theater

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nearly 70 Euros (£63) including tax and then postage on top? A bit too hefty for me I'm afraid. Will have to downgrade from "Must have" to "Would be nice"😭

Allan

ps - I just found one of the E E kits on evilbay for £38.99 + postage £13.99. Ordered!!:lol:

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, stevehnz said:

Ok, thats cheaper than I've seen before, I'll look into it & rake some shekels together. I love the look of these big brutes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve.

I just found one on ebay at £38,99 with £13.99 postage (to Scotland). That's $75 NZ for the model. Don't know about postage to NZ though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastern-Express-14479-Soviet-Heavy-Transport-aircraft-Antonov-An-22-Early-1-144/113183837913?epid=6020757887&hash=item1a5a484ed9:g:fAIAAOSwcqZbZfcE

AllanEastern

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Allan, same post anywhere international by the look, so all up just over NZ$100.00, pity I can't afford it for a few of weeks, will need to look again then, The A&A ones on Modelvit website are  about NZ$90.00 plus post, whatever that would be. I might just have to raise my sights a bit. :)

Steve.

49 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Thanks Allan, same post anywhere international by the look, so all up just over NZ$100.00, pity I can't afford it for a few of weeks, will need to look again then, The A&A ones on Modelvit website are  about NZ$90.00 plus post, whatever that would be. I might just have to raise my sights a bit. :)

Steve.

Hi Steve. All good things come to those that wait.!   :lol: Just to be on the safe side though I would maybe email the seller to confirm postage!!

Allan

• Thanks 1

Sprues & decals.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1470251709786126&id=1048501705294464&__xts__[0]=68.ARBoHIjtT6ybOBGmKfUdewBOhLjPIRqvfI9LGVVnyQglUcWmYrJRSFHPkGA83a4MhKve-RE7Q7iD3BgPRiAJJkI1OHcw2aQg-trluDwzqyJqOmqviB6jai89wR0gd8NYuRiagX1FQTfDIoArblO821LGIbf5nC3dr6GdGato2dc_MAwNnQfd-w&__tn__=-R

Production of 1/144 An-22 being under way.
Glad to share few pictures of its sprues .
Separate decals for the new "Antonov Airlines" livery in the set.

41622659.jpg

41616312.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...