This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

1/144 - Antonov An-22 "Cock" by A&A Models - released

Possibly the Eastern Express kit repackaged?

Allan

In RAF light stone and dark earth with black undersides and high viz roundals - oh, and a white section above the cockpit.

Can't deny it, this one is on my watch list. (So many interesting topics, so little time...)

17 hours ago, iainpeden said:

In RAF light stone and dark earth with black undersides and high viz roundals - oh, and a white section above the cockpit.

That WOULD definitely score 15 on the cool- ometer scale of 1 to 10!😀😀. I was thinking along the lines of an export variant in Swedish markings painted in something like that crazy splinter camouflage used in the 80s! 

Allan

But why?.... Eastern Express offering is more than decent, unless AA kit is head and shoulders above (i.e. on the level of Zvezda Ultimate) then I don't see much market for it. 

7 hours ago, Pin said:

But why?.... Eastern Express offering is more than decent, unless AA kit is head and shoulders above (i.e. on the level of Zvezda Ultimate) then I don't see much market for it. 

Be nice if it could be a little cheaper than the EE kit too, looking at NZ$130.00+/- for the EE one & that is out of my budget, I sure would like one though.

Some information please, what is the difference between early & late versions, I see both in EE boxings.?

Steve.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

difference between early & late versions

The most prominent - different nose. Kit-wise in "Late" kit EE has corrected the error with propeller rotation direction

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

NZ$130.00+/-

http://modelsua.com/An-22-Antei-Cock-heavy-military-transport-aircraft-early-version-1-144-Eastern-Express-14479.html

That's about 90NZD + shipping. It's a big plane, even in 1/144

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Be nice if it could be a little cheaper than the EE kit too, looking at NZ$130.00+/- for the EE one & that is out of my budget, I sure would like one though.

Some information please, what is the difference between early & late versions, I see both in EE boxings.?

Steve.

It can be found a little cheaper than that on a certain auction site - I just got one from a seller in Russia for A$91 including shipping (can't imagine shipping from Russia to NZ would be all that more than to NZ) which I think translates to NZ$99.

Also bought decals for the scheme on the A+A box from Bsmodelle, which look quite nice. Really looking forward to building it.

11 hours ago, Pin said:

I don't see much market for it

Neither do I! I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to have the EE plastic in the box.

51 minutes ago, zebra said:

It can be found a little cheaper than that on a certain auction site - I just got one from a seller in Russia for A$91 including shipping (can't imagine shipping from Russia to NZ would be all that more than to NZ) which I think translates to NZ$99.

Ok, thats cheaper than I've seen before, I'll look into it & rake some shekels together. I love the look of these big brutes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve.

I asked A&A Models if it's the EE kit reboxed, this was their reply. 

A&A Models
Not a "rebox", but enhanced kit - we improved the molds, added new spruces (details) and decals (new Antonov Airlines livery -as on the picture)

Link - https://www.facebook.com/1048501705294464/photos/pcb.1452321358245828/1452320604912570/?type=3&theater

Posted (edited)

Nearly 70 Euros (£63) including tax and then postage on top? A bit too hefty for me I'm afraid. Will have to downgrade from "Must have" to "Would be nice"😭

Allan

ps - I just found one of the E E kits on evilbay for £38.99 + postage £13.99. Ordered!!:lol:

Edited by Albeback52

Posted (edited)
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, stevehnz said:

Ok, thats cheaper than I've seen before, I'll look into it & rake some shekels together. I love the look of these big brutes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve.

I just found one on ebay at £38,99 with £13.99 postage (to Scotland). That's $75 NZ for the model. Don't know about postage to NZ though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastern-Express-14479-Soviet-Heavy-Transport-aircraft-Antonov-An-22-Early-1-144/113183837913?epid=6020757887&hash=item1a5a484ed9:g:fAIAAOSwcqZbZfcE

AllanEastern

Edited by Albeback52

Thanks Allan, same post anywhere international by the look, so all up just over NZ$100.00, pity I can't afford it for a few of weeks, will need to look again then, The A&A ones on Modelvit website are  about NZ$90.00 plus post, whatever that would be. I might just have to raise my sights a bit. :)

Steve.

49 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Thanks Allan, same post anywhere international by the look, so all up just over NZ$100.00, pity I can't afford it for a few of weeks, will need to look again then, The A&A ones on Modelvit website are  about NZ$90.00 plus post, whatever that would be. I might just have to raise my sights a bit. :)

Steve.

Hi Steve. All good things come to those that wait.!   :lol: Just to be on the safe side though I would maybe email the seller to confirm postage!!

Allan

Sprues & decals.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1470251709786126&id=1048501705294464&__xts__[0]=68.ARBoHIjtT6ybOBGmKfUdewBOhLjPIRqvfI9LGVVnyQglUcWmYrJRSFHPkGA83a4MhKve-RE7Q7iD3BgPRiAJJkI1OHcw2aQg-trluDwzqyJqOmqviB6jai89wR0gd8NYuRiagX1FQTfDIoArblO821LGIbf5nC3dr6GdGato2dc_MAwNnQfd-w&__tn__=-R

Production of 1/144 An-22 being under way.
Glad to share few pictures of its sprues .
Separate decals for the new "Antonov Airlines" livery in the set.

41622659.jpg

41616312.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

This will be a definite addition to "The Stash"!! I'll be doing quite a few 1/144 soviet transports over the next year, as well as a few western compatriots!

So it is EE. I don't see any "improvements" they are mentioning