M1025 in Afghanistan

boom.boom

Hi to all🙂

I need advice about diorama which i am planning. The plan is to put few Evolution Miniatures U.S.special forces in action (Afghanistan ~2003) 1/35, next to Academy's M1025? And i am concerning about M1025? Was it used in Afghanistan and if it was, do i need to make some modifications or i can go straight OB!?

Thanks to all!

Edited by boom.boom

It depends on whether you want to create a GMV (Ground Mobility Vehicle) which is the version generally used by US Special Forces. I built one using the Tamiya 1/48 Humvee a few years ago but it shows the main detail features.

An image search using 'Humvee GMV' on Google Images will give you a lot of results.

Regards,

John

gmv03_zps74d205dd.jpgGMV-01_zps92a5d2b7.jpg

• Like 1

Great looking hmmwv!!! 

I tried googling with ``m1025 afghanistan``, but only what i found was scale models! Every photo was/is some upgraded variant! And, based on your model and search results, answer is NO i supposed!? Can`t be done just OB with academy M1025...

It is not impossible that SF teams used standard M1025s at times, but the vehicles very quickly started to get uparmoured and up-gunned. The GMV is the 'standard' SF platform. I've seen M1114 Humvees operated by SF teams, but they are quite different from the earlier M1025 vehicles.

Regards,

John