Now that's a bright Thud - F-105D 58-1155 (D-10) Trumpeter 1/72

Hi!

To be honest I've never shown at a contest. I'm not sure I would. However, I might attend such a show sometime and you can see the real dayglo ;)

Martin

• Like 1

Whoa that is brighter than bright. 😎You have built an definite centre piece for any collection. That is something else, when I scrolled down the page and the first picture appeared I won’t say my initial reaction but....... That is stunning I would be proud to have that bad boy on my shelf 👍👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi!

To be honest I've never shown at a contest. I'm not sure I would. However, I might attend such a show sometime and you can see the real dayglo ;)

Martin

I just looked and saw the date - i am away for a long weekend for my 60th birthday!!! Rats!

Martin

One thing's for sure, you're not going to lose this model on a dark night.  Amazing scheme brilliantly applied.  Day-glo is so tricky to get right, not to mention natural metal.  You've really nailed both here.

Nice and bright ,Acid House bright ! I remember this being on the front of one of my Dads magazines , the striped Pitot ,either Air Pictorial or Flying Review .Must have been 1960 /61.

Great job.

11 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

Nice and bright ,Acid House bright ! I remember this being on the front of one of my Dads magazines , the striped Pitot ,either Air Pictorial or Flying Review .Must have been 1960 /61.

Great job.

Snap!

Keith.

• Like 1

Thanks Mr Happy, bzn20, Britman, Rui Silva, Scimitar, macken01, meatbox8, Ian and woody37. My technique was to undercoat with two or three coats of Matt White and then to apply the orange-red in light, thin coats. The Modelmaster paint goes on a treat but despite being enamel it needs thinning with turpentine rather than white spirit. I now have another dayglo machine in mind once I've done my current Jug and the next two Thuds ...... That'll give me time to research the machine.

all my best, Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner