Seatbelts currently used in BBMF Aircraft.

Whitewolf

Does anyone know what type of Seatbelts are actually fitted to the BBMF Aircraft?  Very difficult to find any decent pics, they certainly won't be using the original seatbelts in this day and age. I have seen photos of what appear to be Blue Seatbelts fitted in a couple of the Spitfires??

It's several years since I had my head in one of those cockpits but I would not be surprised to find them using the Z type harness in blue, as fitted to a lot of Chipmunks. MH434 had a *very* vivid blue harness a few years ago.: I suspect that may have been a Hooker after-market one.

https://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1954/1954 - 1451.PDF

• Like 1

It would appear they have changed harnesses at different times. A pic of MK356 airborne appears to show the pilot in a late war style harness, pretty much the same colour (mid stoneish) as the originals could be. It's really difficult to know......

Got to be worth an email / phone call to the BBMF.

What could be better than from the people that know.

Believe me, they've had stranger requests.

NB. would suggest you check the scheduling of the flight first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oldynewby said:

Looks like the top pic shows the seat pack parachute with its back panel against the seat back and the shoulder straps draped outside the cockpit, while the lower pic has the parachute back folded forward to show the seat and aircraft harness.

I woukd say they are two pics of different cockpits. One I believe is TE133? Would love to see more