1/32 Revell P-39D

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I should have done the tunnels like you, it would have been much easier than doing them later like I did. You'll need to blank them off, if you haven't already.

It was quit easy to do to be honest, but this was the building sequens from Revell. I haven't blanked them of jet, but I was going to do that before the top wings are going on. 

Cheers,

I had lots of fun with the inlets on my build, I think in the end I had to insert some thin plastic card into them to tidy them up, and on the next build I was going to leave the trunking out. Though your method might be better

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Thanks Dennis for the link. I have found one more online and the main problem is the wing to fuselage. I have done some work on it and it wasn't very good, But with some cryano glue and baking powder I managed to smooth it out.

Here are some pictures.

The top wings on and that looked ok. I still needed to clean up the seam.

IMG_4628IMG_4630

And then it was time to mount the wing to the fuselage and I needed some clamps and tape. I also needed to shave some of the matting plastic or it wouldn't fit.

IMG_4631

And after a day of letting the glue dry this was the result.

IMG_4632IMG_4634IMG_4635

It wasn't very good, but after some cryano glue and baking powder it came out good.

IMG_4638IMG_4639IMG_4640

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 2

you sure you're not using photos of my build? those gaps almost look identical! :D Least they were consistent throughout the life of the mould.

But you've ended up with some nice joins, the upper wing/fuselage is perfect, no step at all, well done. :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

Here are two pictures of the progress I made today. It is almost time to give this model some paint.

The canopie is on and secured with some tape, till it is dry.

IMG_4657

As you can see I also placed the .50's and the nose panel.

I also placed the resin exhausts and they needed to be trimed as they are originaly for a other kit.

IMG_4658

That is it for now.Hope to have a update soon.

Cheers,

• Like 1