A-10 Thunderbolt 103rd Fighter Squadron.

First of all apologies to the purists regarding the external stores. I didn't want any empty pylons and despite searching through what seems like hundreds of photo's online decided to use a bit of artistic licence, however having said that I don't have a problem with anyone pointing out any glaring errors. I'm aware it would be unlikely to be carrying all that stuff plus the external fuel tank but I couldn't help myself. 😁

The decals are from Two Bobs and painted throughout with Mr Hobby Aqueous.

IMG_6315IMG_6314IMG_6316

IMG_6317

IMG_6318IMG_6319IMG_6321IMG_6324IMG_6325

Edited by Roger Newsome
Bad Inglissh.
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thank you Neil.

Hmm, that's my problem, my display case is full of figures, what am I going to do with this? 😃

I know that feeling, just hung my second ikea display case on wall.

• Like 1

Very nice!

As you ask for some critics on the loadout:

The Gbu-10s are a bit suspect to me, as are the Cluster bombs above the tank.... but you never know ;)

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Very nice!

As you asn fof some critics on the loadout:

The Gbu-10s are a bit suspect to me, as are the Cluster bombs above the tank.... but you never know ;)

Thank you and thanks for taking the time to pass on some critique, it's appreciated. 

27 minutes ago, Simon382 said:

Very nice, just luv agood looking Hog. As for the load, a naked A10 just doesn'l look right!

Thanks Simon.... just what I thought! 😁

14 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

Very nice indeed!

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Easy buy another display case ... Looking great Rodger. 👍

Thank you Dennis. That's what we like, a positive can do attitude.... however, there may be one small stumbling block 

3 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thanks Simon.... just what 😊I thought! 😁

Thank you!

Thank you Dennis. That's what we like, a positive can do attitude.... however, there may be one small stumbling block 

Stumbling block? How long have you been married then????????? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Simon382 said:

Stumbling block? How long have you been married then????????? 

Since '91... how long's that? 😄 I'll be fine when I can manage to persuade the offspring I need their bedrooms for my geeky purposes. 

Make that two small stumbling blocks. 🙄

• Haha 5

That is a very nice Hog , load it up , blow stuff up ! 

Glad you did not post the RFI on Friday - I was in my LMS on Saturday and had this kit in my hand , I know it would have joined the Meng F-35 in my shopping basket ! if I had seen this before my visit.... :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

That is a very nice Hog , load it up , blow stuff up ! 

Glad you did not post the RFI on Friday - I was in my LMS on Saturday and had this kit in my hand , I know it would have joined the Meng F-35 in my shopping basket ! if I had seen this before my visit.... :) 

Thanks very much.

You know you can always go back, I'm sure it'll still be there. 😈

Great work Roger. Just a question if I may.

How much weight did you put in the nose to prevent a tail sitter? I am just finishing mine, it has a shed load of lead in the nose ........and it's (still) a tail sitter and will need a clear plastic rod at the rear!

Once again, great model.

Gary

• Like 1

8 hours ago, redcap said:

Great work Roger. Just a question if I may.

How much weight did you put in the nose to prevent a tail sitter? I am just finishing mine, it has a shed load of lead in the nose ........and it's (still) a tail sitter and will need a clear plastic rod at the rear!

Once again, great model.

Gary

Thanks very much Gary.

I think I put 5g in the nose before closing it up naively thinking it would be enough. There's another 10g + stuffed in the front wheel bay. 

• Like 1

Roger,

Nice model and......you would be surprised how much stuff they hang off an A-10 !. I have been fortunate enough to have seen quite a few of these over the last three years and even when that have been operating in the training mode, they have had at least three/four pylons occupied with stores or pods. IMHO the only 'suspect' part of your loadout concerns the two bombs immediately adjacent to the centreline drop tank. I have never seen that configuration before....the Hogs I have seen did not carry any other stores under the fuselage when the centreline tank is fitted. 

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger331 said:

Roger,

Nice model and......you would be surprised how much stuff they hang off an A-10 !. I have been fortunate enough to have seen quite a few of these over the last three years and even when that have been operating in the training mode, they have had at least three/four pylons occupied with stores or pods. IMHO the only 'suspect' part of your loadout concerns the two bombs immediately adjacent to the centreline drop tank. I have never seen that configuration before....the Hogs I have seen did not carry any other stores under the fuselage when the centreline tank is fitted. 

Well Done, Sir !

Thank you very much.

Here comes an admission of guilt. When I was searching the net for images I came across a photo of someone else's model with the Mk-20's either side of the fuel tank..... hmm, that looks good, you can guess the rest. I only feel a small amount of remorse. 😄

10 minutes ago, Lovely Pig said:

Now that's just nice, I say load it up too, it's what it was designed for after all 🤔. Well done Roger

Thank you. 🙂

5 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thanks very much Gary.

I think I put 5g in the nose before closing it up naively thinking it would be enough. There's another 10g + stuffed in the front wheel bay. 

Hi. Roger.

I crammed 20g (tire weights) into mine and it's (still) a tail sitter.....just bizarre!

Thanks for the reply mate..

Gary

11 minutes ago, redcap said:

Hi. Roger.

I crammed 20g (tire weights) into mine and it's (still) a tail sitter.....just bizarre!

Thanks for the reply mate..

Gary

Hi Gary, the 15g I mentioned above is just what I weighed, I also stuffed some more blutack in without bothering to put it on the scales (I was pretty frustrated by this point) so there's probably a little bit more than the 20g you've put in. It is only just on the front wheel, the slightest nudge and it's back on it's tail. 

Good luck.