My local clasic car show

cmatthewbacon

I'll take the 57 Chevy Bel Air please. Oh , and the Supercharged 33 ish Ford coupe (  looks like a Model B ? ) . Dodge Charger 500 , Sit up and beg Ford Pop (very understated ,lovely)

Great Photos ,thanks !

It’s a Ferrari 250 California Spider  “replica,” carefully avoiding any kind of prancing horse badge, though it does carry some pininfarina scripts. Looks like it’s built on BMW Z3 chassis and mechanicals, probably primarily for size reasons plus “sportiness”. Obviously you don’t get the Colombo V12, but you can drive around with 99% of the style for £100K rather than £15m. plus...

best,

M.

35 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

It’s a Ferrari 250 California Spider  “replica,” carefully avoiding any kind of prancing horse badge, though it does carry some pininfarina scripts. Looks like it’s built on BMW Z3 chassis and mechanicals, probably primarily for size reasons plus “sportiness”. Obviously you don’t get the Colombo V12, but you can drive around with 99% of the style for £100K rather than £15m. plus...

best,

M.

Ah , I suspected it was something like that .  There's a similar kit for the Z3 called the BMW Kobra , intended to give much of the style of a 427 Cobra without the expense or fuel bills .  Locally I've seen something which is intended to look like a 250 GTO convertible , built round a Mk1 MX5 of all things .  That HAS got Ferrari badges , together with glassfibre bodywork so ripply & wobbly it looks like it's melting

• Haha 1