1/48th Hunter - 4 FTS Valley

The Sabrina the bulges were named for was a well endowed 1950s glamour models and actress.The bulges were actually containers for collecting the cannon shell  links to prevent them being ingested into the engine.

John

Edited by Biggles87

7 hours ago, modelman182 said:

Actually, Chris , it's Red, White and Aluminium - though in most lights it does look like a grey. I toyed with the idea of making mine a little garish and using Alclad's Polished Aluminium, but decided to use the duller Airframe Aluminium instead. 

The standard RAF trainer scheme introduced in the early 1970's was Red/White and Light Aircraft Grey - definitely not aluminium, it looks grey because it is grey. 

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stringbag said:

I'm wasted here. :rofl2:

You're only wasted cos you drink as much as the rest of us, mate! 🙂

Your help and input is ALWAYS appreciated.

Kev

5 hours ago, Wez said:

The standard RAF trainer scheme introduced in the early 1970's was Red/White and Light Aircraft Grey - definitely not aluminium, it looks grey because it is grey. 

Hmmm.. are you sure, Wez? I shall have a look (as I'm not entirely sure myself) and see what I can find out.

Thanks

Kev

13 hours ago, modelman182 said:

Actually, Chris , it's Red, White and Aluminium - though in most lights it does look like a grey. I toyed with the idea of making mine a little garish and using Alclad's Polished Aluminium, but decided to use the duller Airframe Aluminium instead. 

Now I just need to get rid of the cold 'gifted' to me by a work colleague yesterday and I can start on the primer (white all over for this scheme, I reckon).

Kev

Hi Everyone 

Just to correct Kev's quote above,    The Hunters were all in the Camo when they arrived at 4 FTS and paint during there next scheduled maintenance  at Valley and all of them were painted in the then currant training colours of  Post Office Red and Light Aircraft Gray not Aluminium and White.  At this time,  I was working in the next hangar to them at Valley attached to CFS(H) detachment in 1971/2  the spray bay was in the corner of the CFS(H) hangar. 

Aww man (or should I say, men) that's a shame, cos I was looking forward to doing the Aluminium inner wings. 🙂

But the weight of evidence is undeniable and LAG it shall be. Thanks to all who corrected me.

Now will someone please go to Korea and give Academy TWO kicks from me (one for the Yellow fuselage callout and one for the Aluminium inner wings callout). 'Fraid I can't do it cos I surrendered my passport last year 😞 (by choice, cos I doubt I'll be travelling abroad again)

Cheers

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

Been a few weeks since I did anything with this, but this weekend has been happily productive. One of the kits that has benefited from my time is the FTS Hunter. She is now an albino...

Primed1_28-10-18.jpg

Primed2_28-10-18.jpg

Primed3_28-10-18.jpg

Hataka Red, White and LAG are at the ready for the next stage. Probably next weekend...

Cheers

Kev

• Like 5