Blackburn Beverley interior colours

davepb

Hi, just starting the MikroMir Beverley, and trying to work out the correct colours for the interior of the Freight deck. The instructions say black for the lower portion and white for the upper portion and deckhead. The photos on the web seem to show a bluey grey, and a creamy colour. Has anyone any knowledge of the correct colours? I'm hoping to replicate this view of a Daimler Ferret being loaded.

https://defenceoftherealm.wordpress.com/2014/11/15/blackburn-beverley-c-1/#jp-carousel-1107

HI Dave pb

I know this is on no help to you but I was looking for my photographs of the example in South Yorkshire that included internal pics but I cannot fine them which has really vexed me. If memory serves I do believe it was predominately green or grey but I could not remember a demarcation of both colours.

I shall keep looking in the vain hope I have not lost them.

Gary

I went on one RAF Thorny Island mid 60s Main cargo deck and boom was a sort of mid green . Back around 77 I went on the Southend Museum Bev. I remember it was different to the Thorney Bev but not good enough to be accurate . Neither was as you described but things change, schemes etc. over the years . Cream would reflect more light which in that cavern would have been useful . That boom was a cosy cabin ,Southend's was fitted with Shorts type seats . Sorry couldn't be more help.

Edited by bzn20

If you can get hold of the Blackburn Beverley book by Bill Overton, there are three of four pictures in there that may be of use. I'm no judge of colour by any means, but

the lower 4/5 feet of the cargo cabin seems to be a matt bluish grey; above the it's either cream of white (or combination thereof). Not much help, but it's a pointer.

Good luck with your search and build.

15 hours ago, bzn20 said:

And Green here with what looks like grey ish white roof structure .

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/59674292@N07/7839726208/

15 hours ago, Selwyn said:

look at this video some colour footage of the interior around 3.50.

blackburn beverley

Selwyn

Thanks guys, I'd seen the video before on TV, Great footage and some excellent detail information. I think I'll go with my colour interpretation, as the aircraft in the video is a preserved example, and that green looks to be a fairly standard primer/ interior colour. The pictures in my original post show a definite demarcation instead of a solid colour to the decckhead.

8 minutes ago, davepb said:

Thanks guys, I'd seen the video before on TV, Great footage and some excellent detail information. I think I'll go with my colour interpretation, as the aircraft in the video is a preserved example, and that green looks to be a fairly standard primer/ interior colour. The pictures in my original post show a definite demarcation instead of a solid colour to the decckhead.

As far as I jknow this aircraft has never been restored and that is the standard color scheme. The images you showed were of the interior of the open doors which  probably had a different colour demarcation.

Selwyn

17 minutes ago, davepb said:

green looks to be a fairly standard primer/ interior colour

You might find that depending where it was operated , local paint changes were issued . That green in the vid is how it was . The White/Blue scheme is as it was too . A bit more attractive as well . I'd probably go for that Creamy white ish and light Blue ,it will show up the interior load deck very well .

26 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

You might find that depending where it was operated , local paint changes were issued . That green in the vid is how it was . The White/Blue scheme is as it was too . A bit more attractive as well . I'd probably go for that Creamy white ish and light Blue ,it will show up the interior load deck very well .

Thanks for that, so you and Selwyn are both correct! Interesting though, that the instructions have black instead of blue (which was my original query). But as the reference picture shows the blue, I'll stick with that.

Dave

• Like 1