My first ever attempt at a conversion: Ernst Udet's Bf109V14 racer from Dubendorf. WIP here. Used the lovely Tamiya 1/72 109E-3 kit, an absolute joy to build with everything fitting perfectly, even after I hacked away at large chunks of it!

Mr Hobby paint used and all markings (apart from the swastika and stencils) are masked using custom masks from a Cricut Explore Air. No real issues, the intake needs to be longer and the exhaust slots more spaced out. Probably missing a few intakes etc but very pleased with this. There is a certain satisfaction from making something that doesn't readily exist and I have three 109s finished in eight weeks, the stash is being nibbled at... Not sure about the vivid blue background but getting to grips with photography, gone back to my Nikon D600 as I was struggling with the myriad menus of the D850.

port1.jpg

port2.jpg

stb1.jpg

intake.jpg

filler.jpg

tailwheel

navlight

pit1

pit2

And finally with a more business like version I made earlier

rotte

• Like 17

Wow, I have to say I had to stop scrolling and start again from the top in slow time, to soak it all in. That is some very neat workmanship. Only a beginner myself but you've presented a level to aspire to. Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Beautiful Messerschmitt :clap2: 

1 hour ago, slow8dirty said:

Wow, I have to say I had to stop scrolling and start again from the top in slow time, to soak it all in. That is some very neat workmanship. Only a beginner myself but you've presented a level to aspire to. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the kind words gents, but with less than 25 odd builds under my belt, I still think of myself as beginner, There are some truly gifted craftsmen here that regularly inspire me.

Anil

14 minutes ago, azureglo said:

I still think of myself as beginner

You're not the only one! :lol: (I meant me, not you (after re-reading it)) the way I look at it, we're always learning, and there's plenty left to learn for all but the most gifted (self-excluded).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

You're not the only one! :lol: the way I look at it, we're always learning, and there's plenty left to learn for all but the most gifted (self-excluded).

Amen brother. BTW the way, you're good but you're no Mike Williams...😉