Mid 1980's

3g3gPUk.jpg

LpMj68V.jpg

BJeIU8c.jpg

lkZm1b6.jpg

r9Id9DM.jpg

cpQNbdb.jpg

zCutTxq.jpg

Kit was very straightforward to bring together with only one irritating fit issue (the lower rear fuselage / sponson sub-assembly on to the upper rear), other than that it was / is excellent. What this build has done is given me an appetite to do more helo builds in 1:48 (I have a Wessex and a Bell 47). Maybe next time something a little more warlike, who can say.

Hope that you like it, please feel free to post any outrage, ask any questions or make any comments. Thanks for taking the time to look.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

That's a superb piece of work, I have a couple of shots of one of these aircraft in one of the old Superbase books and always thought it looked really smart

• Thanks 1

Ian,

You really hit this one out of the park 😲‼️👍🏅🏅🏅😍😎

Beautiful paint job and hopping you will place at your next model contest 🏆 This most definitely a museum piece and so deservedly should win.

Cheers good sir and Bravo Zulu ‼️

Mr.Happy (In name only)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, far148 said:

I'm outraged! How dare you build such a thing of beauty! 

Steven L  :bye:

Well there's a voice from the past... how the h*ll are you my friend ? - and thanks for the kind words.

Ian.

That's an incredible response, thank you all very much - have to admit I sort-of knew folks would like this one as 'mein Frau' even managed to fain something approaching approval "Hmm it's OK, not the usual grey or brown aeroplane or racing car" !!

Ian.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, k5054nz said:

Beautiful work Ian, bravo! I've not seen too many CH-46s built and this is a wonderful example.

Thank you Zac.... think we're way overdue for a catch-up don't you ? - you know you're both welcome any time.

Ian.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Uncle Pete said:

Cracking paint job.  The demarcations of colours are rock hard.  Beautiful.

Cheers Pete, TBH I build a LOT of race cars, especially NASACR's so masking lines & around compound curves is pretty-much a daily thing !! - Once again, folks, thanks for all the comments, glad you all like the build.

Ian.