This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Posted (edited)

Started on my first Bandai Star Wars kit yesterday, that I plan on making into a small diorama with a resin figure I have ordered from China. R5 DP is still WIP but the all the painting is done apart from the foot cables and weathering. The silver parts from the kit got painted gun metal then a light chrome dry brush and the purple is an Alclad candy. A quick and enjoyable build so far. 

IMG_20180818_141331.jpg
IMG_20180818_141308.jpg
IMG_20180818_141250.jpg
IMG_20180818_141233.jpg
IMG_20180818_141217.jpg
IMG_20180818_141154.jpg
IMG_20180818_141137.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips

Posted (edited)

Possible wall plans if I go with a Death Star type dio other idea is to do trooper emerging from a blast door with the are female hero and R5-DP on the other side of the door. 

IMG_20180818_193752.jpg

Have ordered a recast of this kit, I will scratch a new pistol and new SW type binoculars for her. 

s_l400.jpg

Where did you get those plans, I only ask because “the Deathstar plans are not in the main computer” 😜 

Nice idea! Quite tempting :-)  I like the idea 👍

Would also make a nice star wars Ralph McQuarrie concept like diorama.

10 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Nice idea! Quite tempting 🙂 I like the idea 👍

Would also make a nice star wars Ralph McQuarrie concept like diorama.

Going to paint her up like Mara Jade style with red hair, then in a dio with the R5 opening a blast door.  I thought about adding a custom painted Sith Stormtrooper as well but that maybe a bit much.

bf2b36d287187a1749542b44f5af0a03.jpg

As you can see from the pictures above Mara Jade is taking a little more to put together than I first thought. She is missing the pre-cast pegs the kits has on the head and boots, so Im having to fill the holes and add pins, the gaps at the arms and leg are to big the leave so I'm attaching and filling the gaps, so painting is going to take a lot of masking. The boots head and hair I can paint separately and attach later.  I have made a go at making a new laser pistol for her that looks more Blake 7 than Star Wars at the moment but its getting there.

f153096c710a89a48754f4f47b5fa8e0_l.jpg

On 30/08/2018 at 13:32, rockpopandchips said:

Here you go, you know you neeeeeeed it!😵

I only checked TaoBao and found it there, but funnily Aliexpress is cheaper this time. Thanks!!!

Good progress and nice work on the blaster

Few small mod to the goggles and added an antenna to her helmet. 

IMG_20180908_150112.jpg

IMG_20180908_150100.jpg

You can all just see the seem I had to fill for arm. 

Thought Mara Jade had that fancy wrist holster - or does that only appear in the Thrawn trilogy?  Either way that looks really good, how did you get the texture - looks just like leather?

This is definitely a young Mara Jade pre working for the Emperor, so I'm just going with the standard smugglers outfit. As for the texture it's a bit of luck, Millput rolled and cut while it's still tacky so it was very ruff when I pealed off the mat and rudder with a wet finger to smooth it but keeping some of the texture. 

I’m certainly enjoying watching this come together. Never thought of Mara in her pre hand days!

Started to paint some flesh, I didn't have a skin tone I liked so made o e my self from good old Tamiya paints, I pre shaded we the standard Tamiya skin then over that with my mix adding a bit more white to a few places and then this morning added a bit of red pastel, it's very subtle but it what I wanted so I'm quite pleased with my self.... 😁

IMG_20180911_063259.jpg
IMG_20180910_193501.jpg

On 9/9/2018 at 9:43 AM, The Chief Smeg said:

Never thought of Mara in her pre hand days!

Really just an excuse to try and paint pale skin and red hair........ 

Made a start on the blue underwear, still needs a few more highlights. I was going to  airbrush all this but I'm enjoying using a brush again so going with it. Not sure what colour her jacket should be at the moment, might be a lighter blue with orange cuffs. 

IMG_20180912_061940.jpg

That is looking very good. You do right to be chuffed with that batch if skin tone you knocked up, it’s very good. 

The skin tone looks great, but I can't help wondering if your sculpting skills could've provided her with some shorts or something? It's not a very "combat" look 😛

Will

OK so painted the base colours and making a start on the shading and the face, slow going as I'm trying not to cock it up. 

Sorry for the flash I couldn't be bothered to get the lights out. 

IMG_20180914_102339.jpg

Been away for a few days,  got back and thought I would finish the face starting with the eyes........ Not great I have to say. Now do I try and make the best of them or clean some the new paint out and start again or strip and start from scratch? 

IMG_20180916_213940.jpg